Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow... what a day!

Big E and I headed out around 11am and by 5pm we were back at the dock with a slew of new fish for the leaderboard!

In all we brought 17 nice fish in the boat, plus quite a few "short releases". Big E is adding a nice 21 1/4" fish to his aggregate, and I'm completely swapping out all my current leaderboard fish with today's 23 1/4", 22", and 21 3/4" for an aggregate of 67"!!!

I'll post pics on the other thread so Rod can find them.

Great day to be out there! Thanks for the fun, E!!!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Way to go Larry! I'm just happy it wasn't Clancy ;)

I'm feeling the pressure with John's lost monster and your new 2nd place fish! I think I need to get out today and fish....

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
WOW Larry what a day you and Big E had. I think next year I have to get with Virgil and he can show me how to fish for those toothy critters. I have never caught one of them before but like to try.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Pic Pic

View attachment 977
I know I've talked alot about a big pickerel out there. Hopefully here is a picture of the one I measured at just over 26" back at the end of November. I know the picture sucks (it's from my camera phone and was hard to see him through my viewer). When I was able to hold him and measure him for myself, that is what he went. So there are bigger ones out there...keep ooking.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow... there's a beauty!!! Would be nice to catch him during the tournament!

Is he a resident of Forked Creek?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Must be a sibling of the current leader fish. Same neck of the woods. Similar class-size. But I think his home is all iced in now. :(

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Somewhere upriver of Round Bay. I have about 5 locations that have been rather productive. And as uncjohn said, right now you have to break the ice to get out there...or trespass to get to windy waters where ice can't form.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts