Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive seen people with a bar that fits internally in a yakima load bar that they use to load their yaks up with

i was wondering what they were, and where i could find one, or if anyone has got one for sale.

also, i was plannin on doin some yakkin this weekend with a buddy of mine thats got a new yak. anybody got any reports fresh or salt>

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is called a "boat loader" they are $60 dollars at Wild river outfitters, or i have seen them for as low as 45 online (+shipping)
A friend of mine has one, it seems to work great...but (there always is a but)...putting one end on the ground (to load onto roof) wore a hole through the keel of his yak....nearly sank a couple weeks ago. Needless to say, i want one, i am getting one, but i will be careful dragging the yak bottom on the pavement...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ric? is he who your talkin about?

yeah i've seen them and they seem to work great, that new 140 i got is a bear to not scratch the car up with...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah Ric has one on his jeep cherokee, and works pretty slick... i am getting sick of manhandling my t120 (lighter than your 140) up onto my cherokee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts