Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, that was really a super sensitive kinda movie,

just think......2 gay men in a romance set in the west.

I'm buying it on DVD. I hope there is a sound track,

not just Bob going uuuuhhh ahhhhhh ooohhhhh oweeeeeee.

·
Registered
485 Posts
[Q]capt. dave originally wrote:
Hey Nancy, did one of those Bareback Mountain fruits get shot through with an arrow like the ******* queer in Deliverance?

The tripe that Hollywood is putting out these days would make a maggot puke.
[/Q]Careful Capt "D", your running the risk of being branded a homaphobe.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
They're not gay, they're confused, and lonely. Oh wait, that was a different movie.

I'm sure the people at Stetson are praying to god that homos don't adopt their brand like the ninjas did to Timberland and Tommy Hilfiger. Ruined perfectly good white-people clothes.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I cant stand hearing about it.

Disclaimer: im not homophobic. I do a ton of work for gay people, and value them, their money, their loyal patronage to my business, and dont care what floats their boat.

Make some totally unreal movie with an agenda, fine, whatever. Thats not enough. It seems like they had to show the movie in three cities for months, so the only people that saw it were : gay, or critics(probably leaning a little on the happy side) Then, when It was gradually pushed on the rest of the country, everyone knew it was a gay cowboy movie, so about the only people who saw it were gay. Of course it was raved about....by the gay people that saw it, and critics!!! I feel taken advantage of by Hollywood.

Then I find out that the director is a foreign guy (disclaimer: no problem with me). What gets me is he really has very little idea how far the movie is from anything real. Sure, I know there have been gay ranch hands, just like sailors, but dooyahaftamakeadamn epic drama out of it? How do you think the Japanese mainstream would feel if a gay samurai movie were pushed on them? How would the germans about if a gay celtic movie. The danish with a gay viking sailor movie. The mexicians with a gay aztec warrior movie. All written by someone who was not even born into the culture, but just thought it would make good agenda-griven drama.

Puleeaz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts