Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In yesterdays mail, there was one of those Orvis newspapers. In the sale section was a the now discontinued Battenkill LA V. They had them for $69.00. If my memory serves me correct, they retailed for around $230.00.

I have had one forever....and have beaten it up preety bad. But it keeps on ticking. I though someone in tidalfishland might have the urge to pick up a workhorse reel and a Medalist price. The had about 8 left as of 9PM last night.

Jamie

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Walt-
I thought it was a pretty good deal. Looking forward to catching up with you tomorrow!
Jamie

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
So is that the Tysons Orvis?

I used to have one and it was great except the line capacity wasn't very good. It jumped out my boat on a trip out of Oregon Inlet. Now I hvae a spare spool with no reel to match it with.

Either I go buy the reel or sell the spare spool. I paid more for the spool than the now listed price.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was in the flier that was mailed to my home. Tyson might have a similar deal. It might be worth a call.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I called the 800 number listed in the flyer yesterday afternoon and was informed:
a. the flyer was mailed out early
b. the price is not effective until 1 Mar

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,295 Posts
I checked the website and called the # listed on the website. The lady I spoke to said that she couldn't find it and she could onle find it if I had the #'s. I told her I didn't have the numbers and instead of taking up her time Could I speak to the supervisor. She transferred me to someone in charge of the fishing area. He said he knew the reel I was talking about and the price in the flier was a mistake but they were honoring it. He also said that they didn't have any more in the warehouse but they showed some in the stores and he would try to pull one for me. They will let me know within 48 hours.

I would be very surprised if I did get one. I put an order in for 2 just in case a miracle happens. THey took all of my info including a credit card #.

·
3,295 Posts
:rockingreport: :rockingreport: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :yes: :thumbup: :D :D :D :D

Woooooo Hooooooo !!!!!!!! Just spoke with Matt ........ they found 2 reels for me and I should have them by Monday !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I was up the orvis outlet . They had 6 of them for $89. Woldn't sell them for $69 they don't have to follow the store.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I love mine. Perfect for the bay. It doesn't have much line capacity and the drag won't necessarily stop a freight train, but how often do you set the hook on a fish that runs for more than 100 yards in the bay, unless your targeting Cobia, monster Rocks...or accidently hook a ray. Line capacity is a nice luxury, and a necessity when your targeting bigger fish, but I target smaller fish and I get the large arbors for one reason, line pick-up. This reel is great for schoolie stripers, puppy drum, speckled trout, grays and croaker. Large arbors are great for smaller fish that don't necessarily run away line as you can get the line up off the bottom of the boat much quicker.

I would never sell mine for that price.

·
3,295 Posts
I was up the orvis outlet . They had 6 of them for $89. Woldn't sell them for $69 they don't have to follow the store.
Hey guy ............ suggestion ...... call the Orvis # and when the person can't help you ask to talk to the person in charge of the fishing equipment ........ they usually ask for the zip code ..... in the mid atlantic area they should give you to Matt. Ask him about the ad and tell him where you found them ......... he will probably get them for you at that price ..... he sure came through for me !!!!!

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Hey Rick thanks. I wasn't looking up their for my self. I don't need another reel right now. I trying to change some of my rods right now. I was looking to see if they had them so if anybody on here needed one and couldn't find one some place else. Thanks again. Walt

·
3,295 Posts
Well ..... $89 ain't a bad price either ........ and they seem perfect for the bay .....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts