Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I leave mine in. My first set lasted almost 6 yrs. I think thats pretty good!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
No but it won't hurt them to give them a charge once and a while. Batteries don't die because their cold, but being cold lowers their float voltage. Once their float voltage goes to low the internal plates start sulfating. Sulfated plates cause dead batteries. Charging them once a month would be good for them.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
No but it won't hurt them to give them a charge once and a while. Batteries don't die because their cold, but being cold lowers their float voltage. Once their float voltage goes to low the internal plates start sulfating. Sulfated plates cause dead batteries. Charging them once a month would be good for them.
Ditto..:thumbup:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I did the same thing as drichitt. I started out using a trickle charger on my bike and have been more than impressed with the results. I will say the quality of trickle charger does make a difference. i bought a few **** ones and ended up having to replace my battery before investing in a decent one and since have had no problems.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
12 seasons with this boat, and have taken them out just once; sometimes disconnect the positive lead to #1; usually just turn the switch.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
for only a few dollars more than the deltran charger, you can buy a permanently mounted onboard charger that will take care of all your charging needs, both regular charging & maintenance chargeing for storage. leave the batteries in the boat , plug it in & forget it until spring

1 - 12 of 12 Posts