Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out at 08h00 in time for the mist to lift off the creek. Was going to head south across windmill bar, but got distracted by a cluster of boats fishing toward the cut under birds. Cast bucktails and storm shads, but found the bite to be off. Headed south (my original plan) eased up at the cut about a mile north of the wolf trap to work under diving gannets and raucous gulls. There were acres of birds. We caught more than we bothered to count. After the tide turned the quality of the bite got better and the size of the fish larger. I changed baits for a six" storm, which worked well on the bigger fish 22 - 24".

It was another awesome day, no wind, sunny and flat. Love it when you can cast at balls of bait or under birds into swirls of rising fish.
On my return saw a cluster of boats working the drop off into the Rapp near the fish trap on the south side of windmill bar. Don't know if they were catching and if so what sort of size. Water temp was 49.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We came out of piakatank to birds at 1r. Couldn't get a bite so went up to cut. Turned left and should have turned right. Slow at cut. Later in day we caught a few back at 1r but nothing of any size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts