Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Heads up. For those trying to sneak in to the August 13th Bay Bash tournament this year at 2019 prices, that luxury ends August 1st. All the details are here at BayBash.com.

I'll be working the back end like I've done in the past, so I'm looking forward to seeing you all again at the Captain's Meeting on August 12th. We are planning to give out some awards based on your 2019 tourney pics (like previous years), but you must be registered in advance for consideration. We already have several nominees, like "Best Mate," for the Captain that best served his gal angler.

The prize money looks good for those of you who care about that. I only care that the public at large gives our Special Angler teams a run for their money. We may have two teams competing from the Eastern Shore and a strong team out of Ingram Bay Marina.

The Live Leaderboard is up and running as I need to dust off the cobwebs. The sponsors you see on it our from 2019, so don't be scared away if you wanted you business logo up on it instead. I'm wipe the old guys off it next weekend. Reach out to Capt. Billy if you want to be a sponsor. Your sponsorship is a donation to the Bay Bash Foundation that enables this incredible community event for everyone.

New this year is a fly fishing division. We'll see how that works out. If that's your style of fishing, bring along your friends to prove it belongs in the tourney.

BTW, I'm so glad to see such a healthy Bay over the last few seasons.Either I'm learning how to fish, or we are really seeing a huge influx of species (e.g, drum).

Joe posts . . . (And no, that's not me in the picture. I'm be ashamed to drag in such a small drum.)
Water Boat Watercraft Hat Sunglasses

·
Registered
179 Posts
All,

Heads up. For those trying to sneak in to the August 13th Bay Bash tournament this year at 2019 prices, that luxury ends August 1st. All the details are here at BayBash.com.

I'll be working the back end like I've done in the past, so I'm looking forward to seeing you all again at the Captain's Meeting on August 12th. We are planning to give out some awards based on your 2019 tourney pics (like previous years), but you must be registered in advance for consideration. We already have several nominees, like "Best Mate," for the Captain that best served his gal angler.

The prize money looks good for those of you who care about that. I only care that the public at large gives our Special Angler teams a run for their money. We may have two teams competing from the Eastern Shore and a strong team out of Ingram Bay Marina.

The Live Leaderboard is up and running as I need to dust off the cobwebs. The sponsors you see on it our from 2019, so don't be scared away if you wanted you business logo up on it instead. I'm wipe the old guys off it next weekend. Reach out to Capt. Billy if you want to be a sponsor. Your sponsorship is a donation to the Bay Bash Foundation that enables this incredible community event for everyone.

New this year is a fly fishing division. We'll see how that works out. If that's your style of fishing, bring along your friends to prove it belongs in the tourney.

BTW, I'm so glad to see such a healthy Bay over the last few seasons.Either I'm learning how to fish, or we are really seeing a huge influx of species (e.g, drum).

Joe posts . . . (And no, that's not me in the picture. I'm be ashamed to drag in such a small drum.)
View attachment 282257
hey, joe, any money in it?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really, FDC? You could have gotten your answers by hitting the website. And does the money really matter, anyways? Most are fishing for pride. But for those less lazy than yourself I will still answer your questions here:
  1. Yes, as in previous years, $2,000 in the Open Division and $200 in Ladies Division.
  2. Siegler is no longer sponsoring a reel giveaway, so we've put $500 in the Grand Prize Division.
  3. With additional sponsorship and registrations, those numbers could increase.
Joe posts . . .

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FishDon'tCare,

We care about grammar and spelling. Would you please use the spell checker on your phone to simply write a cohesive sentence. Talk into the darn thing, won't you? That will work far better than what you seem to do poking and pecking into it.

The fact that you were probably typing your response indicates to me you probably haven't been catching. Who would ever risk gumming up their phone with fish scum?

Another thing. I'd suggest you put your money where your mouth is. Do you really think it would be fair to throw money at the SA Division and not the Youth Division. All three of the divisions are receiving trophies five deep. If you want to sponsor SA and Youth Divisions with some dough, be my guest.

This year's leaderboard link is here.

Joe posts . . .

·
Registered
179 Posts
FishDon'tCare,

We care about grammar and spelling. Would you please use the spell checker on your phone to simply write a cohesive sentence. Talk into the darn thing, won't you? That will work far better than what you seem to do poking and pecking into it.

The fact that you were probably typing your response indicates to me you probably haven't been catching. Who would ever risk gumming up their phone with fish scum?

Another thing. I'd suggest you put your money where your mouth is. Do you really think it would be fair to throw money at the SA Division and not the Youth Division. All three of the divisions are receiving trophies five deep. If you want to sponsor SA and Youth Divisions with some dough, be my guest.

This year's leaderboard link is here.

Joe posts . . .
slack tide right now. far mor fun to spin you up! how about thge fly guys?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd prefer to ignore everything you post, but occasionally you ask a good question. The guy behind that division, Charlie Lukacs, is working to secure some sponsor prizes for it. If they want prize money, they can enter their catches in the Open Division, but not both with the same fish. I hear that they prefer the catch-n-release in the Fly Fishing Division. Hats off to them. As I said, some fish for pride. If you were any good at fishing, you'd understand that.

Joe posts . . .

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just updated the website to show the prizes in the Fly Fishing Division:
– 1st Place: TFO Axiom 2-x 8wt & BVK SD lll reel
– 2nd Place: TFO Axiom 2-x 8wt & 40% off certificate to Orvis store
– 3rd Place: TFO Axiom 2-x 8wt
– Raffle: TFO Mangrove Coast 8wt & BVK SD lll reel & certificate for private casting clinic at any Orvis retail store

The Fly Fishing Division leaderboard is also up and being tested: 2022 Bay Bash Leaderboard FF

Joe posts . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts