Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone think there are any fish left around the BB? I'm looking at getting out on Thursday and with the weather being how it has I'd like to stay around the BB. I know the further south I go the beeter luck I'll have but what does anyone think? I'd be happy with slot fish, no need to for big guys.

Anyone going out Thursday?
Mike

·
Registered
692 Posts
bay bridge

Fished all day last sat and no pulls. Trolled 11 rods, planers and down riggers . Bay bridge- Bloody Pt

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
If you are on a trailer - head to Solomons or PLO and take advantage of a good weather day.

If not - Bloody Point area would be my next pick.The waters near the bridge are getting cold- the Rock are there, they just do not feed often in colder water.This makes them tough to catch by trolling.

·
Registered
692 Posts
fish

No Question fish are around the area. seen some spots near bp fish stacked on channel edge thick. I think the cold temps have slowed them down for sure...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Definitely must be some fish there...have been seeing what appears to be drift netters just below the bridge on the secondary channel...sur esign that there are/were some fish there

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So in the colder water the fish are slower and less likely to chase baits right? So if you find them on the FF are they tempted by jigging rather than chasing? Shawn, you're the LTJ master, what do you think? Others?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
How about drifting some eels if you see 'em on the FF?

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
How about drifting some eels if you see 'em on the FF?
Tried that two weeks ago at the eastern shore rock pile and big pillings, no bites and didn't notice much action on the finder. Gave up after an hour

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
If you drift eels. Go by the end of the sewer pipe or the pilings just by the drop off on the eastern side. I would also try drifting over tollys or thomas pont on an outgoing tide if I was to drift eels

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just talked to the Evil one about this same issue. He was pretty confident that trolling is done up here by the bridge, deep jigging would be the best method. If trolling you've got to crawl and bottom bounce.

·
Registered
692 Posts
still around

Just got a call from a friend fishing around the bridge had 2 fish 45 inch and 40. same old trolling rigs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts