Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jigged a while this morning with my nephew, didn't expect much and really don't know much about early Spring fishing, so not much is exactly what I got. Started at Mountain Point. Water there is 39 degrees. I was thinking maybe some perch moving into the river, but didn't catch a thing. Looked at some of my favorite humps around Podickory but nothing on the FF, so buzzed on down to the bridge. Marked very few fish, but enough to get me interested. Fished for an hour before landing a little 16" rockfish. Water temp there is 37.5. No fish for another hour with waning current and rising winds, so I punted... or rather, pickereled. Got three out of Deep Creek and a couple more farther in. Got many more strikes and hooked a few and lost them. Not too big, nothing like that 4 boarder I heard about outta there. I was fishing with small spinners figuring I could get the Pickeral and maybe some perch if any were around. They weren't. The wind got up about 2:00 so I gave it up. Had to take the nephew to the airport and the wife to Target. Came back and fished around the bank till dark and caught a couple more Pickeral. Looks like high winds tomorrow so hoping to look for some bank fishing somewhere. -S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts