Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started fishing just south of bridge on opening day. With all the excitement of waiting all winter for this day I watched my meter show no bait or fish for hours. We started putting lines in at 6am. Water was stained and about 54 degrees. After trolling for 5 hours and nothing we got caught in all the debris that was floating on a fast outgoing tide. 3 planer board lines popped and had a mess of branches and leader to clear. 4th board line pops and line is screaming. My 8 year old grabs the reel and I'm thinking can't wait to see this tree we caught. Couple of head shakes and we realize this is a fish. My boy finally got the fish to the boat and we had a 43" 30lb fish onboard at 1115am. That was the end of a slow day As we still had 3 lines to clear from the debris.

Monday and Tuesday wind kept us at the docks. Saw a small weather window for wednesday and we started fishing south of bridge at 6am. Wind was minimal and flat out. This time we were marking bait but couldn't get any bites. At 0915 planer board gets slammed and a nice 40.5" fish was boated. Winds kicked up at 11 and seas started building 2-3ft. We just made it back to the dock at 2pm when winds over 30+mph and rain made it difficult to tie up.

We were lucky to get 2 fish in the 40+ range. Water is still cold and fishing has been minimal up north.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts