Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Can someone tell me how to get to the Rock Piles that are at the Bay Bridge? :wacko:

My chart shows a "fish haven" south of the west end of the bridge (South of Sandy Point).

Is that supposed to be the "East Rock Pile"?? :eek:

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
West pile is just north of that 'haven' under the bridge. East pile is at the other (Eastern) end of the tall span. Both will be very obvious as you work anywhere around the bridge. The depth drops very fast so you can work reasonably close to them but don't shut down! You never know when a current or ship's wake will surprise you.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
When you see them - you will laugh at your question.Both are located under the eastbound (south) bridge on either side of the main channel.You will see huge boulders sticking about 15 feet out of the water.From Sandy Point-the west is about 2 miles-the east one about 2 1/2 miles.

The eastern one seems to hold more fish.Most guys fish the western side of the east rockpile.DO NOT anchor-either drift or hold the boat in gear over fish.If not crowded-you can also troll.

The drop off is amazing- just 30 feet from the rocks is 40-50 feet.The current gets squeeezed here and really runs strong.

Most guys jig straight up/down.I like to throw a 3/4 oz leadhead with a 5'' Bass Assasin.Once it hits the water-I just hold the line tight.It takes awhile for it to sink 20-35 feet but once deep enough-you'll feel a "tick" of a Rock :thumbup:.Most will be 16 - 17 7/8'' :D but enough 19-22 inchers are around to catch a limit (2).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All,

Thanks for the replies! Ive seen those rocks as I have launched at Sandy Point boat ramp b 4....I just thought it was something submerged that needed to be found with a depth finder or something :D

Well, hopefully I can get out there this weekend. Will post the results.

THANKS!!!-:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts