Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site and am looking for some help with what to use for fishing near Rock Hall MD. A few of us will be camping there mid September and we were hoping to do some surf fishing. Has anyone ever camped there or have any suggestions on what to use for rigs or bait?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fished there years ago with my kids. We waded out in front of the boat ramp. There are some rocks so wear old sneakers or water shoes. Water is 5 feet deep all the way out 100 yards or better. We caught tons of catfish. Use a top/bottom rig with 2 ounces of weight and #2 hooks. Use worms or clamsnout which you can buy at the convenience store right by the flashing yellow light in Rock Hall. You might get lucky and get a striper if you use lures around dusk. There cold also be some perch around. Good luck

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
We stay there all the time. Its a nice well kept place. Just be careful about the grass, they are pretty picky about it. Chris is right, you can wade out there a long way. I usually catch small perch and rock at the beach at the camp ground. When fishing bait I usually just use earth worms. Im sure blood worms, cut bait and shrimp will work as well. If you continue south past the campground there is a popular place to fish on the wooden bridge that takes you to Eastern neck Island.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts