Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of installing radar this winter. I run out of the Rod & Reel West a lot and was wondering if I'm going to have problems getting under the bridge at Bayside Rd. at high tide.

Does anyone know how much clearance there is under that bridge at high tide?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Not much. I have a hardtop on my 22' walkaround and have had a second person watching as we go under. I would guess maybe 2' at high tide. That's just a guess, maybe someone else can be more exact. If I had radar, I'd plan my trip around low or mid tides; or make the trip to Breezy just down the road. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am not sure exactly what the clearance is under the bridge at high tide. But most of the boats that run out of there on a regular basis that have radar on top have some sort of fold down bracket made up to hold the radar on. If you are installing your radar on top of your hard top I would think it would give you a problem ocasionally getting under that bridge. I think there are some clearance rulers on each side of the bridge. Maybe you could take a drive down when the tide is in and have a look see to get a better idea of what the clearance is.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
--If your talking going back where the "Swamp Creatures"are at Abners --High High neeps may restrict you

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
--If your talking going back where the "Swamp Creatures"are at Abners --High High neeps may restrict you
That's the place. I'm sure the high neps will get me. I can deal with that. I just don't want it to be a normal occurrence. I'm 8'-4" to the hard top and figure the dome and mount will add another 14"-18" if I go with a mount with a light bar.

I know Breezy isn't that far away but between the mud and the ramp being too steep for my trailer, it's not my favorite place to launch

·
Registered
160 Posts
I launch out of R&R infrequently but I guess out of 10 or 12 times I have got trapped out twice, was unable to launch once and had to drop the masted light once fire drill style:helpsmilie: as the tide was ripping in. I need 10’ or a little less from water line to dome/light. Now I just go on down to the mud hole.:D With a few thousand yards of blacktop and fix the ramp so it doesn’t flatten out so abruptly that place would be sweet.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
From Coast Pilot III: Chapter 13....
Fishing Creek
"In April 1995, the controlling depth in the channel was 2½ feet (3½ feet at midchannel); thence in 1994, depths of 2½ to 7 feet were in the basin. The fixed highway bridge 0.3 mile above the jetties has a width of 36 feet and a clearance of 10 feet. "

10 feet above Mean High Water

1 - 9 of 9 Posts