Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out on Thursday. 33 degrees and frost all over the boat, it was 11 degrees warmer than last Sat. so I thought I was in for a good day. Motored from Rock Hall to the BB. Set my lines and waited, and waited, and waited. I was getting some marks but nothing was hungry. I changed up the speed 1.kts up to 2.4kts. Nothing. I changed some lures around, tandem Bucktails, chart chute, umbrella, Tony 17 & 19, tin Alewife, red hose. Even jigged a bit with BKDs, sting silver, Nothing.:wacko: The wind picked up as did the seas so I packed up and headed in. The trip back was a cold bumpy one with nothing to keep me warm except the skunk that may be living on my boat 'til spring, unless I get a calm, warmer day.:rolleyes:

I stayed around the BB maybe a mile south, all the marks were at 35-45ft of 55ft or deeper water. Maybe its me or maybe the fish aren't hungry at the BB.
I'll need help come spring, I'll be looking to HO.

·
Premium Member
26,108 Posts
Water temp gets too low and it is tough to get Rock to hit lures.Once it gets below 40* - IMHO , the bite is very tough.

Off Solomons-it is 45-46 * water temp and the fishing is great.Only 45 miles south of the bridge but 5-8* warmer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts