Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No treats for me today...again,unfortunately.

Fished from the Bay Bridge to the Knolls, searched and searched for the allusive striped Bass:D,covered allot of water in hopes of jigging up a few but was not meant to be.

No birds working at all,there was huge amount of bait ,peanut bunker stretched out everywhere around the BB...I snagged a few wile jigging but no fish under them.Got so bad I fished for perch, ,surprisingly enough there are still a couple spot around.

Beautiful day though and a good strong tide ,the water temp for the most part was 53*warmest I could find was 55*and pretty good visibility considering all the wind we recently had.
Lots of guys trolling today,and I did hear of a few being caught.
Good luck out there, tomorrow the place will likely explode with big breaking fish everywhere:censored:

·
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't worry about Fish exploding everywhere tomorrow Roger.I'll be out and wherever I am,they're WON'T be any Fish!:D [Mike]
We must be the opposite of fish magnets Mike:D Good luck to you tomorrow if your like me you will need it!;-)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Roger - Phil K and I fish the same general area (Love Pt, Balt Light, and BB) from dawn to about noon without a single tap. No bird or breakers either. We eventually gave up there and headed S and found good fish down by Bloody point. From what we saw the upper Bay was not producing much.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Tough day today for sure.

We managed 3 picking pilings, but it was a long day with a lot of gas burned for us today. We fished the entire BB, end to end, twice (very thoroughly the second time), and also ran up the eastern side to 6, 7, and 9 ft knolls, and down the western side to the mouth of the magothy and then back to the BB.

Like you, we only marked scattered bait. Never saw a rock on the meter all day, and we pulled our fish from IN the pilings.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Same here Roger. I tried a little jigging, but no joy. Couldn't even get a strike with some live eels. Tried all around the BB pilings. Fished (worked) from 7am until 2 pm. Mouth of Ebay near BP is current hot spot.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Sorry to hear this Roger but something has got to change before long. You should have fished the river we did OK today.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I almost made the run down there but the water wasn't really moving much. You didn't miss a lot up north - it was hit and miss.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Roger, I fished the bridge area again this evening, I think we had 5 fish but nothing any size. I think Bay Bridge rockfish are Seventh Day Adventist 'cause they don't work on Saturday.

·
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like it was a pretty much hit or miss kinda day, but hey... that's how it goes sometimes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fished from Swan point to north of pooles island, birds took the day off in the upper bay, Not a single bite all day. Tolchester has been producing lately but nothing to be found. A disappointing trip for this time of year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts