Tidal Fish Forum banner

BB to BP- another 1 fish saturday 12/6

Fishing Report 
2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  spynet000 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the invite to fish with Jim (Contender21) and a couple of his good buddies aboard the 27 Judge Chesapeake "Power Play". Left the dock (South River) about 9:30 and started setting lines in 45 ft heading east towards bloody point light. I got to the 7th planer line port side when the 3rd rod got hit. Lost that fish about half way in-:censored: That fish hit a 3oz white parachute (single) 50ft off the board. Got everything out and did some circles for a while. Over an hour went by without a bite so I decided to pull all of the board rods and reset. I just finished setting the 6th rod port side and the 4th rod went off. In came a nice 35'' rock that hit a 3oz Chart single 45ft off the board. That was the end of our pullage for the day. Trolled north towards the bridge and called it a day right as the snow started falling. Didn't mark nearly as much bait today as we did last Saturday. Talked to (Riverman) for a breif moment and he said that today was a tough bite compared to last week.

On the bright side, Jims boat is absolutely SWEET! Ran the boat from 9:30 til 4:30 and burned 8 or 9 gallons of fuel:clapping2: Not to mention the great ride and company that comes with it:D I've HOed on a lot of boats this year but I think Jims Judge is at the top of my list.

#3 ·
I also forgot to mention that I have noticed a pattern in the 4 or 5 times I have been trolling this fall. 3oz White and chart single "smiley jack"? 45-50 ft off the boards have been the hottest lures I have fished. Second in line would be the WWB 21 tony with 15ft leader and bb swivel in tandem with a 6oz chart smiley jack (325- 375ft)

Has anyone else noticed a "hot" lure that has been hitting?

#10 ·
well at least I know it wasnt just us yesterday we managed 3 fish ..A little tip for you guys I see lots of guys just trolling around with no direction. Its hard to do but find some fish/bait and work the area all day and I bet you will get more. I went back to the kill zone where we have pulled 22 overs in 4 trips and sure enough banged out 3. I wish I would have stayed there all day we would have had a bettar day for sure. find them and stay with them:thumbup:

#11 ·
Hammer Time- We would have definitely stayed with the bait if I had found some...I was out setting lines when both of our fish hit and they were in different areas with little to nothing on the meter. We saw very little action on the meter all day compared to last week. I'm just glad to be fishing a stones throw from the bridge catching anything in December:yes: Thanks for the tip:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.