Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you guys hunt. Out here near Front Royal, Virginia we had a horrible accident over the weekend during black powder deer season. A 16 year old accident shot and killed himself while near his vehicle with his own gun. Please be careful while hunting this year. Something happens every year but this hits close for some reason.

Jim

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
Thanks for the warning.
Heard of a man some years back getting shot.His dog was jumping around the boat and his paw stepped on the trigger :eek:.Luckily the man survived.

Good time to go over (one more time) - gun safety with the kids :thumbup:.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thought I'd share a 'cliche' term that's been used many times in hunter's safety articles - "Safe Hunting is No Accicdent". It's something to keep in mind all the time. I have a hunter's safety article that I wrote for a local paper in NE Pennsylvania a couple of years ago. I'll post it up on my webpage later this week and copy a link for you guys.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thanks for the warning.
Heard of a man some years back getting shot.His dog was jumping around the boat and his paw stepped on the trigger :eek:.Luckily the man survived.

Good time to go over (one more time) - gun safety with the kids :thumbup:.
I think that is the one that happend on Back Bay down in Virginia Beach.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Cap Safety

Don't put the cap in until you are ready to walk into the woods, and always shoot off the round and clean the gun at the end of the hunt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts