Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 rods with 8 different lures wasn't enough. Left Rocky Point @ 6am and headed toward the Magothy. Stopped a few times to watch the birds and make a few casts but nothing underneath except a lot of trash floating by. Balto Light was loaded with blues to 16". Got tired of the dead BA's on the deck and switched to the ultra light rod. 16" blues on 4# line was fun for a while - till the deck got slippery with blood. More dinks at the BB jigging 2oz stingsilvers. Tide was done at 9 so ran back north to Man-O-War. Bait completely filled the screen but nobody molesting them except me. 50 miles by 10am so decided not to wait for the 3pm tide due to fuel - but when filling up on the way home I could have stayed out since I was solo with no ice or extra baggage, could have gone another 30 and still had some reserve. Long but shallow fuel tank doesn't read well on the fuel gauge and I haven't really tested the limits with the new to me engine. No wind for once and dang near flat water.

Beats working, now off to bike week in OC as soon as I was the boat and bike.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good day to me & sure does beat workin. My long, shallow, belly tank gives very erratic fuel level readings also...1 minute I have 3/4 tank next minute 1/4 tank ....eeer.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike & Mike, we need to our stuff together - haven't run in to each other in while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts