Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the office this morning with all intentions of working all day. Well........anyone in the mortgage banking business (or in any business dealing with real estate) will tell you how slooooooooow business is right now. By around 1:00 I couldn't take it anymore. I shut down the computer and headed to the South River. I thought that I had a bummer of a day at work, but not as bad as this guy who ran this rig aground about a week ago in Selby Bay. Looks like it may be there for a while. ...............................

I couldn't help but laugh as I approached my lighthouse. Just how much equipment does it take to change a light bulb?..................................

Ran north to Dollys and found spot in 18 feet of water. The tide was really ripping so I decided to just keep catching spot to fill the livewell for tomorrow. Lately, it seems, if you put a spot over in a hard running tide, the blues will surely get them. Talked to fellow Tfer Rem1224 (Ralph). Thanks for the left over spot Ralph. I promise that I'll put them to good use tomorrow. The spot bite died as the incoming tide was rolling seriously hard. I decided to run to Hacketts to see if the spot would cooperate there. I was catching a spot on almost every cast when all of a sudden the spot bite died. I happened to look back at the fish finder and I saw why.......................................

I grabbed a light rod with a white bucktail and began to bail small 12 inch blues with almost every cast. The blues would come in waves. Tthe finder would go almost blank and then light back up again....................................

I caught probably 20 blues (all around 12 inches) when I hooked up a bigger fish. The 24 inch rock gave a real good fight in the ripping tide on light tackle. That was the only rock I caught before I pulled anchor around 5:00 and headed in. Beautiful October afternoon on the water.....................................Mark

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I should have joined you! Looks like you had a beautiful day on the water...congrats

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm jealous....I had classes all day.. AS USUAL! Nice job on the rock! Hackett's has been putting a few rock in your boat here lately huh!? Wish I could get out and just get on the water!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Nice work Mark! Sounds like a much better day than at work!!!

Are you fishing in the SRRKC Rumble on the River on Saturday?

Mark

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Good seeing you today, Mark. Catch 'em for me on Wed - I gotta work (bummer :rolleyes:)

New Lowrance?? or did you get yours working again?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reeltor (Paul)................yes, you should have snuck out for a while

Old No. 7 (Phil)..............yes, I have really "lucked" into a few rock at Hacketts lately while casting to blues......."even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while"

Attml (Mark)..............no, I am going to Roanoke on Saturday to see my daughter's soccer team play a couple of games

Rem1224 (Ralph).............put on new transducer over the weekend...........working like a charm

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Nice report Mark. The fish coming in waves while you are anchored is cool. I have had this happen a bunch this year. You watch the meter and adrenaline starts to pump when it lights up. It does make it exciting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts