Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard that Pamunkey had an explosion of Bass on Saturday...sure did!

Mattaponi SHAD are coming in and I caught some. All over the depth finder. Can't wait for the RUSH.

Watched the sunset as I floated down the Matt to look over to the side and see a deer drinking water...awh, pretty. Floated down to where it was drinking as it had already left and heard some leaves and twigs crackin' and thought more were on the way to drink. Held onto my dear Tarzan(dog) as he was bundled up in a towel in my lap so when he saw them he wouldn't bark.

Sure enough here comes a HUGE beaver, she or he didn't even know we were RIGHT there and it litteraly dropped itself in the water sideways startled. I laughed, Tarzan thought he was "guard of the yak" jumps up over the depth finder to the front edge of the yak and realizes he is falling in and tries to dig his little claws into the yak and goes completely under the water like a fat sinker! I reach down and he is scared as the beaver is RIGHT there with us. I grab the paddle and turn my yak to have Tarzan swim to the back end of the yak and hold on like a little person with both paws until he let's go because the beaver smacked it's tail and water went everywhere. He gets to the bank just as the Beaver does. Beaver's HISSSSS? He squeals, runs back down the bank of the river and jumps into the yak on my lap, I wrap him back up in the towel, he is shacking from the cold and starts to bark again at the Beaver like "I am back with my Mom, what you gonna do now"! I paddled away to keep looking behind me thinking that Beaver is gonna kill us both.

So much for the sunset.

I paddled a little ways down and get out the yak to check him out and wrap him in extra gear I had in a dry bag and he will not move out of the seat in the yak AT ALL. Poor boy! I continued to catch a few more shad and call it a night. He stopped shacking when the heat came on in the truck.

This is not the first time he thinks he can surf. Big bark but if anything comes to close to him...right in my arms he goes. Mama's boy.

Anyway....here come the shad in Aylett.

'Andrea

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yeah great story! That pooch was lucky in more then one way[grin]That beaver could a chomped him into little chips.
Did you put in at Aylet? Caught some ring perch down from there 2 week ends ago.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got off work last night and headed to Greentop just to see what they had on display for shad.
(Man at the counter talking about how the shad are just NOT biting at Aylett yet, hehehehe. )Nothing new, everything normal. Bought something new I have not used JUST TO SEE!
I went to Aylett again last night. Caught some shad. Didn't take the yak off the truck. Told the old man I stopped by Greentop but not Aylett because we are trying to see what days he and I are gonna juggle the kids on fishing after work.

Catfish guys down there.

Suber,
Stop hanging out at those High Heel clubs and maybe you might find you a good girl who actually might like you back and not for money![angel]

'Andrea

·
Registered
255 Posts
You edited that only once. HAHA! I'm not looking for love. Just a nice smooth beaver to climb on my kayak.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got nothin'... wouldn't know anything about things of that nature.

(When you move to Florida, check out the local clinic!)

lookie there...no edits on this one...yet!

Oh, Beeeehaaaavvvveeeee!

(get him Brandon, not me)

I editted it...Don't you have a weight limit on that yak? Aren't you at the max? Thanks for asking about my poor dog?

·
Registered
165 Posts
have you ever seen a beavers teeth close up...growing up we had a crick by our house, and one day i found a beaver skull...the teeth run up into the skull and the tooth root is back where the head meets the neck...the teeth were long (3 inches) and curved, they were so sharp you could shave your fingernail with them. Not an animal i would want to get bitten by!

·
Registered
255 Posts
My neighbor complaigned that he could not get rid of the beaver in his pond, so I went down to where the beaver would cruise into his underground nest, and waited on him. I shot him dead in the forehead from about 12 feet with a .45 glock. He did not survive.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was reading the Article that Andrea posted and noted this sentence "Realistically, it is difficult to keep beavers away from your property once they take an interest in it."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Isn't it great to hear from a woman who likes to kayak, fish, and has a small buddy to accompany her... Wow.. sounds good to me :) .. I have a miniature dachshund that goes kayak fishing with me... .maybe the dogs would want to meet? ...lol...

Bryan
[email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts