Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Lynnhaven just before 7am Saturday morning bound for 2nd island, where we tossed lures into the rocks. With nothing happening we shot between the islands to the bay side of the bridge and headed north. The birds started diving so we began trolling through them and all hell broke loose, in a very good way. “FISH ON” was yelled every minute or so, with 3 rods working fish multiple times. Fish were flopping on the deck as we reloaded as fast as possible. On one hit I thought a hog was on the other end, cause the pull was very nice, but it turned out to be 3 fish (20”-22”) the umbrella. Chartreuse stretch 25’s and dark green umbrella rigs were killer. It was a rush looking up at one point to see a long boat parade behind and beside us and it looked like everyone was getting their fair share of the action.

When that bite ended we joined another the armada of boats drifting eels east of the high rise. Nothing doing with the eels, with not so much as a bite so after a couple of hours we started trolling between the bridged back to the 4th, with our only bite being the bottom where I had to give up an umbrella rig to the bay. We found more birds working east of the 4th so we again trolled between and around them with nothing happening, but right about 2pm it was bedlam once again as the fish were hit hard. As was the case earlier in the day both the stretch and the umbrella rigs were gettin er done. It was a great way to end the day.

We finished the day with our limit, with all fish in the 22” to 27.9999” range.:D Actually I think most of the 35 plus fish we hooked in both runs were over 18”, with 2 or 3 in the slot between 28” and 34”. No hogs, but who am I to complain about that small detail as in the end it was just a glorious day to be on the bay.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
fine job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts