Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On sunday I tried the Beechwood park "launch area" on the Magothy. I had seen it mentioned on this site before. Unfortunately, there is no parking there at all. A very unfriendly local made me aware of this. Has anyone else used this spot? And if so, where did you park and did you have a kayak cart. That's a far walk!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
You mean that there are no parking signs along all of the local residential streets, even a block or two away? ? ? ?

One of my big grumps is when folks, cities, counties try to make an access point a private neighborhood access point by not allowing any parking. It is not public access unless there is someplace for the public to park.

BTW it is entirely another matter if the access point is privately held.

Tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a county park. I posted a comment on their website but am still waiting for a response. I was counting on this access to the magothy this winter. Access to the big tidal rivers being Sooooooo limited.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Again I get back to the question about actual NO PARKING signs. In my experience that is the ticket (or should I say the non-ticket) issue. I would call the county administrator's office and ask there. I would bet that he/she has authority to determine if an area is no parking or not. Better yet, if you know someone who lives in that county get them to make the call as a concerned resident.

·
Registered
71 Posts
tohitch, if you want to fish the Magothy just give me a call. I live in Manhattan Beach and we have 2 beach launch areas and a community boat ramp. Always looking for people to out kayak/fishing.
ML

·
Registered
63 Posts
Main Tidal River Access

tohitch: Tried to b-mail you. Wouldn't go through. Bmail if you are interested in potential access to South River tributory=pretty close to mouth of bay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts