Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow TF'ers

A group is getting together this Sunday morning at Belle Grove Ponds for Carp, LM Bass, Crappie and maybe some schoolie Stripers.

This will also be a scouting trip for mullberry tree locations in anticipation of the Mulberry hatch to occur in the next few weeks.

Here are the tides for the Middle Branch, Baltimore Harbor on
6/11
High-7:26 AM
Low-3:12 PM

Should be a good time. All are welcome. Launch time is 9a.m.

Mike

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Mike,

Count me in! I was there last weekend fishing from the shore for carp. I had no luck with the carp. I saw some guys in a jon boat and a canoe catching lots of crappie. Josh was there a couple weeks ago and caught a few lm bass, pickerel and 11-lb catfish.

There is a variety of species in the ponds. It should be fun!

Rod

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Unfortunately, I cannot make sunday fishing trips as I have extensive church responsibilities every Sunday, so I will have to miss this one. I hope you guys do well... I certainly had an excellent day last time I was there.

Try to leave a few fish in there without lockjaw, as I am headed out on Monday morning.

May be shooting myself in the foot here, but for my kayaking brothers I will share some info... lots of HUGE carp near the light rail overpass farther up the patapsco. Also lots of sunken wood and cutoffs round the light rail and Balt/Anap Rd bridges that looked (and proved) very bassy. I had best look with finesse plastics... not hard baits.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Wolfman - sorry I'll miss you.

For the rest of you, Wolfman hooked up with the first fish on our group flats trip in the spring. Hopefully he'll bring similar luck. But just so you know Wolf... I've had no luck with the crystal minnow at Belle Grove - and tried it twice.

Rod - appreciate the report if you can squeeze it in. I'll wave to you guys on my way to church off 895. I may have to take an alternate route so it doesn't hurt so bad seeing a bunch of yaks launching right when I drive by.

Depending on the report, I may fish TPL (see the Yak June-boree thread at KFS) instead on monday - striper action is looking great on the chesapeake main board here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks Josh, and yes the crystal minnow did earn a special place in my tackle box. But I think your tip about finesse baits may be a better way to go.
Still waiting on the June trip to come together[excited] we need to set a time and place...the month is going to end soon[smile]

Honk when you drive by!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm gonna come along as well Sunday mornin'. No soft plastics for me though, I'll be flinging flies all the way. After the heavin' big stuff for the CCA tourney on Saturday, it'll be nice to break out the 4, 5, and 6 wt. for a little "cool down"

I'm coming from Columbia as well, perhaps we should caravan...I live in Long Reach near 108 and Phelps Luck Drive. Easy access to 100.

Anyone want to meet for donuts or something beforehand? Its the breakfast of champion anglers around the world, ya know....

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i may be down with a carpool next time but i have to be outta there by noon-thirtiesh for father-in-lay birthday cookout.

i may also get there earlier to get in some extra time on the water and just paddle back to the put-in at 9am (i am shooting for 7am put in, but it will likely be 9 with everyone else).

mike

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm gonna shoot for 8AM. If you guys just want to meet on the water that's fine too. The ponds are not that big. Do you want to meet at the 895 Bridge Pilings around 9AM? That way if you are already on the water you don't have paddle all the way back to the ramp. Do you guys have VHF or two-way, Walkie Talkie, Talkabout FRS radios? Two-way radios are pretty cheap compared to VHF radios. My VHF radio has a FRS channel. If every one has a FRS two-way radio we can use them to let us know who and where everyone is and where the fish are biting[smile].

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have a two way but don't know anything about it and have never used it! hahaha. lets meet at the 895 bridge around 9am then.

i actually think everyone here has my cell. i will be carrying that too.

i WILL be at the ramp at 7am then.

mike

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
[Q]chesapeakeblend originally wrote:
i have a two way but don't know anything about it and have never used it! hahaha.
[/Q]

Come on Mike, you never played with Walkie-Talkies when you were a kid?[wink][grin]

Communicating via VHF or FRS radio is much simpler then using a cell phone (plus cheaper if you drop it in the water).

If you have a FRS radio and don't mind bringing it then bring them. I would think a ziplock bag would be suffice in protecting the the FRS radio. My VHF/FRS radio is in a dry bag that allows me to still use the radio without removing it from the bag.

The more radios on the water the better. Being in constant communication while spread out searching for fish would be ideal. But I guess if we're not using radios we can still communcate the old fashion way by yelling, "Fish On!"[excited][smile][grin]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.