Tidal Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends and fellow Deale Captains are having a benefit for Capt Ralph at the Deale Elks Lodge on Nov. 8th from 4:00 pm until ?. Cost to enter will be $20.00 and the band "Snakebite" will be playing. Oysters, snacks, alcohol and various games of chance will be available.
Capt. Ralph was recently diagnosed with cancer and has had surgery and is now beginning his chemo treatments. Although Ralph has insurance there are additional medical bills that he will have to cover on his own and we are trying to help ease this burden. Capt Ralph faces a tough battle and it is our intent to try and eliminate any additional stress in his life and help him maintain a positive attitude as he continues down the recovery road.
Contributions may be sent to Deale Captains Association c/oCapt Ralph Barnes Fund, P.O. Box 13, Deale, MD 20751
There is also a 50/50 jackpot that we are hoping is quite large. If anyone would like tickets please bmail me and we can work out the details. I will get them and fill them out with your names and phone numbers and insure they are in the drawing.
Prayers, thoughts and well wishes are appreciated as always.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Friends and fellow Deale Captains are having a benefit for Capt Ralph at the Deale Elks Lodge on Nov. 8th from 4:00 pm until ?. Cost to enter will be $20.00 and the band "Snakebite" will be playing. Oysters, snacks, alcohol and various games of chance will be available.
Capt. Ralph was recently diagnosed with cancer and has had surgery and is now beginning his chemo treatments. Although Ralph has insurance there are additional medical bills that he will have to cover on his own and we are trying to help ease this burden. Capt Ralph faces a tough battle and it is our intent to try and eliminate any additional stress in his life and help him maintain a positive attitude as he continues down the recovery road.
Contributions may be sent to Deale Captains Association c/oCapt Ralph Barnes Fund, P.O. Box 13, Deale, MD 20751
There is also a 50/50 jackpot that we are hoping is quite large. If anyone would like tickets please bmail me and we can work out the details. I will get them and fill them out with your names and phone numbers and insure they are in the drawing.
Prayers, thoughts and well wishes are appreciated as always.

Thanks,
----FAST --Just lost my Post on this subject as I'm too slow a Typer --Will I geuss try sometime to Cut & post my Input --Meanwhile Pleas Folks try to keep this on Page 1 --Thanks --Geo.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
We should make this a "Sticky." Anyone know how to get this done?

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
$40.00 a couple - that's a cheap night out :thumbup:.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
We should make this a "Sticky." Anyone know how to get this done?
--SG---felt Sticky gets overlooked as it is read by many at first , but then is forgotten with out acting upon --Thanks tho for the kind Suggestion

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Mike. Hope I can get some of the UBBB's to purchase some 50/50 tickets also.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Great Idea--

Thanks Mike. Hope I can get some of the UBBB's to purchase some 50/50 tickets also.
--What a Outstanding Suggestion Capt. Wayne !!!!
--Possibly other T F Groups near & far will approve & support of this Idea !
-- Gee Wayne ,think of all the fuel the Gerald & Burgess will save , its all downhill to Deale-

---Contributions may be sent to Deale Captains Association c/oCapt Ralph Barnes Fund, P.O. Box 13, Deale, MD 20751
______________________________________________________________________________________-

---As Deale is a Fishing Village , & many of us may come straight from the boat , the attire or dress code is Casual , So don't Hesitate to come because of the fact ya got on the world's universal angler attire--

--The Most Confortable clothes you own ---Ever think about That?--Fishing is a Sport ya don't need Special Duds to enjoy --No Realtree, No shirts with Alligators on the front, a Favorite hat, scuzzy & thread worn, Damm guess thats why its one of reasons its been a Lifetime Passion for me --See ya there --geo.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Mark for those words. Indeed times are tough and much tougher for Capt Ralph.

50/50 tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00. I would be happy to purchase, fill out and get them in the drawing for any one interested. Please send bmail to wmorgan.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
My wife and I will be there- sounds like alot of fun :thumbup:.
Tough to go anywhere for two at only $20.00 each :yes:.

Be a cool gesture if the 50/50 winner just took back his $5.00 and donated the rest ;-);-).

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jack- BTT means Buying Two Thousand 50/50 tickets. Oldfart, I'll deliver them tomorrow Thanks:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'll be there hopefully after a great day of fishing in the Deale area :D

It'll be good to see Ralph again, meet some of the TFers that I haven't met and shoot the bull with the ones I have.

I've sent this link to 3 Cpts. I fish with and one of em can't make it (out of town) :pinch:

Think I'll send it to a fourth who I fish with in the PAX river who has never met Ralph.

Sounds like alota fun and for a good cause. I may even get out the crowbar and buy one of you a beer :D

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
BTT---Thanks geo.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.