Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a lot of you out there wishing for lots of wind and cold weather to push the ducks down from the north and I am right there with you for the most part, but this warm weather has had some benefits.

I have a 12 1/2 year-old lab that is in the stages of forced retirement. I took him out on opening weekend and he picked up 5 ducks and then didn't walk for three days. I had to pick him up and carry him outside to go to the bathroom. I figured that was it for him and left him home the next weekend. Of course my wife told me he howled at the door for half an hour after I left. I haven't taken him again since then.

When I walked outside yesterday morning, I thought "It might just be warm enough to take him again today." So I loaded him up for one more hunt.

When I saw him wade through waist deep marsh for fifty yards to pick up a mallard I thought "this is it, his last retrieve." Every one now could very well be his last. I didn't expect him to move again for days, but to my surprise he is up and at 'em today. I look forward to taking him again tomorrow. At this point I would rather kill 1 duck and have him pick it up than kill a limit and pick them up myself.

They are amazing animals.

·
Registered
306 Posts
T,

I am all if for you bringing him tomorrow. Wading through that **** yesterday nearly killed me. I spent over an hour cleaning all of the **** out of my gun after taking that dunking. I will give you a call later to discuss times and such.

Ed

·
Registered
306 Posts
T,

Here are some pics from a friend of mine who wouldn't tell me where he killed them if I can figure out how to post them. I guess there are ducks somewhere.

·
Registered
306 Posts
anybody know how to reduce the size of the pics so that I can post them. There is a limit of 45k and I think the pics are around 1.4 megs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts