Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a lot of talk about these. I thought I would give them a try. Any suggestions on best way to use them for Flounder.

Thanks

Wes

·
Registered
470 Posts
I use the berkley gulp shrimp on the top hook and minnow/squid on the bottom hook. The shrimp catches twice the fish as min/squid. I hook them though the head on a hook with beads and spinner blade on it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Gulp

I use the the white shrimp with a strip of cut bait on a red jig head for flounder in shallow water. 15 ft. or less If fish take off cut bait, they will come back and attack gulp.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like fishing them on 3/4 oz - 1oz chartreuese jigs tied in tandem. There is something about the spec rig configuration that triggers more strikes. I have caught my largest flounder on almost every trip this year on this rig. It's alot more fun catching flatties on jigs anyway.

·
Registered
218 Posts
For more shallow water use as light of jig head as possible and start with a 1/4 oz. If the current won't let it hit bottom increase in weight but go with as small as possible. I like the white or chartruese 4" curly tails, especially at night. ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts