Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use this stuff? Berkley-fishing Search

I was thinking about getting some herring or crab flavor and spraying it on some shads, but would like to hear from someone who's tried it before I potentially waste $.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,298 Posts
Don't know about the spray but the 7" gulp Shads are a killer on flounder ......

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Don't know about the spray but the 7" gulp Shads are a killer on flounder ......
So are the 4" Swimming Mullets . I've used every type of Gulp product but the spray and have nothing but good things to say about them . The spray IMHO is just another way for PF to grab more of the angler $ . Until somebody shows me differently , I will refrain from spending the cash .

·
Registered
365 Posts
I saw a post where somebody used manhadden oil on a piece of strip bait and wonder the samething.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
I saw a post where somebody used manhadden oil on a piece of strip bait and wonder the samething.
No . Do not by any means try and bring Bunker Oil on the boat unless you like to ice skate ! One little spill on the deck and you are going to fall on your a$$ .:yes::D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well i dont know about the marketing gimmick but i have used berkley gulps for over and year catching thirteen diferent species of fish. Caught 32 specks in one day. Catch puppy drum all the time. Striper flounder spot sea bass and so on. Yesterday we caught 32 specks and the guy next to us with normal plastic caught 3. So you might spend money but i like to catch fish thats why im fishing. You cant beat em.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Well i dont know about the marketing gimmick but i have used berkley gulps for over and year catching thirteen diferent species of fish. Caught 32 specks in one day. Catch puppy drum all the time. Striper flounder spot sea bass and so on. Yesterday we caught 32 specks and the guy next to us with normal plastic caught 3. So you might spend money but i like to catch fish thats why im fishing. You cant beat em.
Can't you read the post ? We're talking about spray !:confused: I already said I love Gulps ! I know alot of guys that swear by this stuff sprayed on their lures !

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
What is the idea behind spraying wd40 on lures?
Just more BS spread as "Fact" . I know an old man here on the Eastern Shore that swears by it . He goes so far as to dunk his bunker chunks in a mixture of WD 40 and bunker oil when fishing from Roaring Point for jumbo stripers in the Spring . To each his own . It has been widely used for years and debated til the cows come home . Just another example : Has anyone used WD40 as a Fish Attractant? - Yahoo! Answers

·
3,298 Posts
So are the 4" Swimming Mullets . I've used every type of Gulp product but the spray and have nothing but good things to say about them . The spray IMHO is just another way for PF to grab more of the angler $ . Until somebody shows me differently , I will refrain from spending the cash .
Michael that just doesn't make any sense to me guy ........ it's not the Gulp bait the makes fish go crazy ...... in fact their baits lack action compared to other lures because of their porous construction ......... it's the juice that gets em ......... and now that it's a spray it some kind of gimmick even though you can't say enough about their other Gulp baits?

Just don't understand the logic ...........

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
FISHING FOR STRIPERS FROM ROARING POINT. Sounds like illegal activity.
Why would it be illegal ? Do you really know the regs ? Are you just another jealous fool ? Whould you like to continue your slanderous BS ? You don't know sheet about fishing from Roaring Point . Yes , there are people that fish the early Spring season there , which is illegal , if you are targeting striped bass . Does that stop them ? No. Did I insinuate anything illegal ? I fish the area every Spring and make sure that I am outside the demarcation line . The thread was about "SPRAY" .

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Michael that just doesn't make any sense to me guy ........ it's not the Gulp bait the makes fish go crazy ...... in fact their baits lack action compared to other lures because of their porous construction ......... it's the juice that gets em ......... and now that it's a spray it some kind of gimmick even though you can't say enough about their other Gulp baits?

Just don't understand the logic ...........
I think that some of their baits have plenty of action . I do also believe that the scent matters in some applications . I just don't think that that the spray scent, when applied to a regular plastic bait , will make that much of a difference . Until I see otherwise , I will continue to be a non-believer . I have used plenty of the baits and have touted them on this very board , from seabass to croaker , to specks and flounder . I have tried just about every kind of scent offered from a myriad of companies . How about Evil Dik's Garlic Shrimp ?:D Nobody ever took me up on that dare .:confused:You guys take everything too seriously and don't realize that a good angler will outcatch any "Scentbait" that you can dish up . I still believe in the KISS principle .:yes: Fresh peeler or softie still rules .:D

·
3,298 Posts
I think that some of their baits have plenty of action . I do also believe that the scent matters in some applications . I just don't think that that the spray scent, when applied to a regular plastic bait , will make that much of a difference . Until I see otherwise , I will continue to be a non-believer . I have used plenty of the baits and have touted them on this very board , from seabass to croaker , to specks and flounder . I have tried just about every kind of scent offered from a myriad of companies . How about Evil Dik's Garlic Shrimp ?:D Nobody ever took me up on that dare .:confused:You guys take everything too seriously and don't realize that a good angler will outcatch any "Scentbait" that you can dish up . I still believe in the KISS principle .:yes: Fresh peeler or softie still rules .:D
You might be right guy .......... Gulp absords the scent into the lure and plastics won't .... guess we'll see ........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts