Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not this weekend but the weekend after my friend and i are planning on making a trip in his families new 25 ft. seapro out to the CBBT. We were wondering what our best bet of getting some nice fish was. Are the redfish still out there, if so where ( not exact locations). Will there be a few more stripers by that time. Im pretty sure that it is bettween those two so if anyone has any tips i would greatly aprreciate them.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Drewman,

The drum are starting to move out slowly down the coast so your best bet is to go for either stripers or tautog. This early in the year your gonna be catching schoolie stripers with a few nice ones mixed in... Fish the rocks around the 2 and 3 islands in the early morning throw top water plugs and see if you get any hits. If nothing then switch to a bucktail and jig it. As for the tautogs you gotta be right up against the pilings and structure to catch em. In order to catch togs you gotta think like one they like inside structures and off ledges and wrecks use fiddler crabs or if you don't have any blue crabs work good also. As far as rigging goes there are lots of ways but a simple 7/0 jhook with a dropper loop for your weight tied to the main line is my preference.Just make sure you have enough weight to hold bottom or structure.. good luck and slay em Brandon.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Set your sights on some Blues, you won't be disapointed.
Then Cut'em up and drift for some Flounder.
or
get some cut bait and Chunk while anchored anywhere along the Span, You'll pickup some Rock.

Les

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
water temps have cooled off enough for some nice striper fishing today

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
on the phone right now with Tony since 5:30 am like two beotchs...trying to decide where / what to go after where most people wont be.......but will be someplace I suppose-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts