Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a friend of my mom's from church and the girlfriend out yesterday morning.
We left the house shortly after 6:00, Splashed the boat shortly after 7:00 and started crabbing by 7:30-7:45. 3 runs of the 1200 foot line netted 1 packed bushel. It was about a 3-1 keeper to throwback for size or hardness. Lot's of crabs over 7", but most of them went back to fill up some more. No doubles and only a couple of females, all the shorts were barely short.
We topped off the 2nd bushel by 10:00. While Ray and Barb unbaited my line, I ran out to the bay to refresh my memory as to what it looked like, been a while since I've been out. Made it home by noon, all cleaned up and cooked in time to watch the Redskins put on a hell of an effort, so close!!
It was good to put faces to names at Snoodfest.
Pretty much the only reason I went yesterday was to use the last of the bait that has been in my freezer since last year, if it stays this good, I might have to buy more bait!!
John

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Good you got em, same here to get rid of some bait- i have one more to go. The G-kids had a blast and they want to go again this weekend. Yesterday was great i had to use traps-couldn't get necks till it was to late. I think we have one more week of good crabbing then who knows what! Good talikng with you at crabfest!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.