Tidal Fish Forum banner

Best day on the river in a long time!!!

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Robalo-Rob 
#1 · (Edited)
Team Ham Wallet is in the mix! Had a great day on the river today. I had a window of time to fish between the morning and my daughter's field hockey game at 2:15. Ran to Smith's to get gas and planned to run out to Hackett's to get spot, then come back and fish the river. On the way out way out saw the birds working hard off of Sherwood Forest so I stopped and threw a Crippled Herring at them. Caught a couple blues in the 12- 14 inch range then continued out to the bay for spot. Struggled to find spot but when I had 20 in the livewell I came back to the river. I had hooked up with about a 24" yesterday on the way back in from the bay that I lost at the boat. I only had a few spot then but I stopped at this particular location because it had been holding a lot of fish on the sonar on past trips by there. The hook up yesterday confirmed they were rockfish so I wanted to hit this area today. Threw my spot over and wound up with 4 nice fish before I left for the day.

Bluefish

19.75 inches

21.75 inches

19.75 inches

21.75 inches

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks guys! I didn't know what Ralph's total was but I knew I was in the ballpark. I am not feeling too comfortable though! Still a lot of fishing to go and it looks like Greg knows how to find more than just big pickerel! Not to metion that crazy thing Big E is using and Chris's turd lure! If he used that to catch that case of Defender's Choice who knows what that thing may haul in next!!! Rumor also has it that Clancy has been throwing a small baby bottle with treble hooks attached!!:D

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.