Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my boat speakers this year with some that will last more than 2 seasons. Any recommendations on some good 6-1/2" waterproof speakers that have great sound and will last for a few years on the water? The speakers on my boat are completely exposed so they have to be durable enough to withstand saltwater and everything else. Not a big Jensen fan... I have these now and they didn't last.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have had good luck with Poly Planar also.I have a pair in the back of my boat that get all the weather plus the hose every time I wash it down.Had a pair of Sony marine speakers that only lasted one summer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had Bose that were constantly exposed and they lasted for 5 years until I sold the boat. Might still be working for all I know.

- - - Updated - - -

I had Bose that were constantly exposed and they lasted for 5 years until I sold the boat. Might still be working for all I know.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I've heard both Shawn Kimbro and Mike Benjamin. I think they were both great.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My Poly-Planer speakers are exposed year round to sun, weather and boat washing and have 3 seasons with great sound and appearance still.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. I'm going to take a look at the Poly-Planer speakers. Happy to hear they last. The JL's are probably a little more than I wanted to spend.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have a single extension Poly as the external speaker (for my VHF radio which is mounted inside cuddy.)
The speaker has been exposed for more than 8 years, and is still LOUD and crisp.
It has been hit with washdown water just about every trip out , by accident or on purpose...

Only 1 problem, the tiny sticky label that was on the front faded and dropped off !

I would go with them, as the ones I've heard sound good and seem to hold up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts