Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, sorta non-fish. Here's some of my favorite snapshots from the past year with descriptions. They're taken with just my little waterproof Olympus digital & edited with IPhoto.

I was fishing early last spring on a very calm & foggy day and caught the Pride of Baltimore II dropping sail at the mouth of the Chester. Here are a few more from the same day:

I got this shot of the Pier at Mattapeake after an evening of fishing the bridge.

This was inspired by someone on the list (my apologies for not remembering) who posted a picture of a bent rod framing the sunset on the flats. I wanted to return the favor by getting the same picture the next morning at sunrise. Here's my brother hooked up at dawn on the Susquehanna Flats:

Fish for breakfast is a tradition in my family. The only requirement is that it must be fresh - caught before the rest of the family gets up. My brother-in-law went out with me early for this meal. It's one of my favorite ways to introduce overnight guests to the Bay.

Still on the subject of food, light tackle casting for spanish mackerel turned out to be my favorite summer pastime of 2008. Here's the reward.

These looked nice but they didn't last long. A Main Street Realty catalog turned out to be the perfect back-drop for my Kandy-Korn jigheads!

They worked!

My little camera is waterproof down to a few feet. I stuck it under the green waters of Deer Creek to shoot this hooked-up hickory shad.

Here's a smallmouth's small mouth.

And a walleye's disguise.

I out-ran a funnel cloud over the Bay Bridge then pulled over at Hemingway's to get this cell phone pic.

Sailing out of St. Michaels with a Bloody Point sky in the background. I didn't get the name of the boat.

Here's to more good times and great memories in 2009!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sweet stuff Shawn. I want to spend the night at your house for that breakfast. I live on the western side so I can say Im from out of town;-)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Excellent pics. That first one is awesome. The spanish mac, hickory shad, and sushi shots aren't half bad, either.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Gorgeous photos Shawn...those sliced tomatoes sure are mouthwatering this time of year and sushi takes me to another world altogether.

And how will I EVER forget that funnel cloud over The Bridge:eek2:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Nice pics man. Better than all those ugly T-hat ugly mug pics with big fish...well almost. A few yrs back my company rented out the Spirit o Balt for some clients when the Int Food Safety Mtg was in town, we cruised around and it was real cool. Young pirates manning it, big bar, great food. Cool stuff. Maybe see ya on da flats in a few.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Great shots Shawn. I actually did the fish for breakfast thing with my family one day. I got out and caught trout before 8, then had them cleaned, cooked and ready to eat by 9 when the kids woke up.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.