Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,312 Posts
Greg Buckner of the Miss Susie makes the nicest lures Ive seen
Tylers tackle is where to buy rods
Both are board members
Jeff
Jeff, You're right, Greg does make a very nice bait, got some from him last year. I sent him an e-mail about a week or so ago about getting some from him this year and he said to get in touch with him about March 1. His 4 oz bullet head chute with white hair and silver glitter head is a killer with a 9" shad.

· Registered
1,312 Posts
I really like the chutes that I have gotten from Greg Buckner--

One thing that I would HIGHLY recommend is that you really check the chutes over before you buy them--I bought a bunch from a local vendor last year and they were HORRIBLY put together--the eyes fell out really easily and the paint pretty much fell off the heads--those 2 things don't bother me that much since it didn't affect their catching ability. What bothered me a LOT was that the hair was not tied down very well--it spins around the body of the chute and fell apart pretty easily--I don't want to throw the name of the company out there yet--I am hoping he will be at one of the shows and we can work it out. Just check out the lures you buy closely.

Hans
My son had the same problem with some "Aliens" he bought at one of the shows. I don't know who he bought them from but the thing to check is how much thread is used to wrap the hair, how many wraps. The baits my son bought had very few wraps and that was the problem. The heads are still good and maybe I can find somebody to re-wrap them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.