Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trolling Swedes parachutes this winter. The hairs seem to get wrapped up funny on the heads at times and I've noticed that sometimes my 9" shad bodies swim sideways. I do rig stingers on the 9" shads, and maybe that's making them top heavy.

In any case, who makes the best parachutes on the market?

Thanks,

Norman

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Most any local tackle shop make a way better parachute then Box Store bought chutes. Tylers, Warren's, Marty's, Fishbones, they all have good ones.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Most any local tackle shop make a way better parachute then Box Store bought chutes. Tylers, Warren's, Marty's, Fishbones, they all have good ones.
I agree, that's where I get most of mine. usually Fishbone's and Warren's. Junebug's are also very good.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I bought some Swede's at the BPS and don't like them at all. We are both live in the EC area, closest is Clyde's and they carry June Bug's:thumbup:. Warrens has very nice lures also and not far away.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
George at Tyler's makes some great chutes and has a great selection of sizes/colors/heads.

But back to your shads.....they shouldn't swim sideways ever.....probably has less to do with the chute and more with how you're rigging them....my guess would be the stinger hook embedded too deep and/or crooked in the shad.
Hair getting tangled and bunched in the hooks just happens......brush em out frequently.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ho for saturday

Sorry, I just got back from Carolina, Grannies for Thanksgiving, and the dog ate your message I took off my phone. Please call again.

Capt Gary

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
Without a doubt the local shops carry the best parachutes.Each shop makes them slightly different and it pays to try some from each shop.I like the Aliens in the 2 and 4 oz sizes.

Bluefin's, Tyler's,Warren's, Marty's,FishBones and Clydes are the shops I visit most.

The winter flea markets are a great place to see/compare parachutes and often some good deals can be found.

You can use a hairdryer to GENTLE and CAREFULLY warm the hair if it seems to be curled/twisted to one side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts