Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i like those New York strips, had one on the grill last night and every Sunday.

take it over filet anytime.

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
This is like a Mary Ann/Ginger deal...

Delmonico/ribeye, big ass T-bone, or a good filet that isn't screwed with too much...

New York Strip, to me, is bland in comparison...Usually too lean, not marbled enough, and if overdone just not hitting on much...

Fat is good...

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Prime rib on Wednesday night at Micheals on Eastern Avenue - 48 oz of the best steak you ever tasted for $12.95. Yea it's a big steak. I like is rare, a little fat on it and the bone end.[excited][excited]. You got the get there no later than 6:00 PM because the run out early.[wink] What you can't eat then is great in the morning with a few eggs thrown on top and some fried taters w/onions on the side..[smile]

·
Registered
798 Posts
porterhouse, ribeye or (well marbelized) Ny strip. stab it four dozen times on each side (like freddy kreuger w/two forks) , then marinade for at least a couple of hours w/ teryaki, brown mustard, a little jerk sauce (or whatever) all mixed up. stab a few more times while in the marinade, so it will help 'breath' the marinade into the steak. -stay away from the 'steak seasoning' with salt-it dries it out.
Nothing else like it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fishfool

YOU DONT MARINADE STEAK, Thats like eating pu$$y with that goopy jell strawberry **** on it.

in its natural juices man.

i want couter to taste like fish and steak to taste like meat baby.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]stevesea originally wrote:
Fishfool

YOU DONT MARINADE STEAK, Thats like eating pu$$y with that goopy jell strawberry **** on it.

in its natural juices man.

i want couter to taste like fish and steak to taste like meat baby.
[/Q]agree with steve with stipulation. you don't marinate GOOD steak. if you buy inferior stuff, you might have to beat it and poke it and soak it to make it edible.[smile]

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It's tough to beat a filet cut about 1.5" and seared over a very hot fire leaving it quite pink through most of the middle. At the other end of the price range, a Chuck Steak can very good and is cheap. Too much wast in most N.Y. Strips.

Steak is O.K. now and then but I prefer a diet of oysters, rockfish, flounder and scallops with lots of veggiesand spoonbread.

·
Registered
692 Posts
[Q]COAN RANGER originally wrote:

Steak is O.K. now and then but I prefer a diet of oysters, rockfish, flounder and scallops with lots of veggiesand spoonbread.
[/Q]

I agree, I don't eat steaks often, but when I do, it's Ribeye or prime rib medium/medium rare. I ate my 1st oyster a few weeks ago.

What is spoonbread?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Where are you from, anyway? Spoonbread is a moist, fluffy corn meal based concoction that is baked into a custard, souffle-like dish that is the most heavenly of all breads (if it is a bread).

Did your first oysters work?

·
Registered
692 Posts
[Q]COAN RANGER originally wrote:
Where are you from, anyway? Spoonbread is a moist, fluffy corn meal based concoction that is baked into a custard, souffle-like dish that is the most heavenly of all breads (if it is a bread).

Did your first oysters work?
[/Q]

Lived here in Fl all my life. No one here talks about spoonbread. May I have a recipe?

oyster (singular) Are you implying that I need them? [wink]

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Kobe is not all that good. Tasty don't get me wrong, but I've had a better steak at Ruths Chris.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts