Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I was wondering what people on this board would consider the best tackle shops in North Carolina?

Brandon

·
Registered
104 Posts
I looooooove goin into frank and frans.....its a must stop when heading down to hatteras

Dillons corner has alot of fun people and a good selection

red drum tackle is a gigantic tackle shop wiht everything you could want......its like christmas when you walk in the place

·
Registered
335 Posts
Frisco Rod and Gun in Frisco, Red Drum in Buxton are both great for the surf, sound, inshore and offshore action on HI. Very knowledgable and helpful!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like Joe Shute's shop, particularly the fly tackle. Intracoastal Angler in Wilmington is also good, although I have not been there since Tyler sold it.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Im partial to Hattris Jacks only cause I usually stay in Rodanthe I guess. I went in there last summer with a broken Shimano bait caster (mauled the flounder all week LTJin on the surf) and Jack Jr rebuilt it as I waited. Cost me 20 bucks. Good guys in there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got to go with Frank-n-Fran's in Avon. Treated us like family the first 2 weeks of August. Said if he was not there when we come in early in the morning/late nite, get the bunker and see him later. Told me this every time I've been down there for the past 15yrs. My son(13yrs old) and I caught 63 red drum on our vacation in August. He got 36, I got 27, each of us had a 46 incher. Took care of my son's citation papers[smile]. Hope you give them a try. Open 5am till 8 or 9pm daily. Later for now---jonnycat

·
Registered
533 Posts
Bob Akes and company at Red Drum Bait and Tackle. Those guys not only have everything you need at reasonable prices but they are some of the most knowledgeable fisherman on the island. Bob started the Bluefin fishery in NC and is an accomplished surf fisherman, not to mention an outspoken activist/watchdog on the federal regulation governing the Federal Park System on the outerbanks. He is always willing to help with advice and enjoys sharing his knowledge, a class act.

·
Registered
10 Posts
dp...where is harvey hookers...i am just learning about wanchese and have started to store my boat at broad creek...any "must sees" in wanchese would be appreciated from bait to food to lodging. Thanks
Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts