Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I wanted to throw the question out there, what would you consider the best tackle shops in New Jersey and why?

Thanks

Brandon

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try Betty and Nicks in Seaside Park. It is located at the entrance to Island Beach State Park and has all the hot info for that day. Additionally, they carry great products, including great flyfishing equipment. It is the home shop for Bob Popovics and has a lot of his stuff as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Brandon, depends on what you mean by best tackle. Betty and Nicks in seaside park was always number one in the area but I believe with the passing of owner John Bushell this October the shop will lose its personality since his son is not very good with customers. Also, their reports have been somewhat long tooth lately. As far as fresh bait shops no one beats the New Dolphin in Seaside Park, owner Bill Clinton has been supplying the most reasonable, freshest bait for years. Up and comming in the area is Murphy's Hook House Toms River handles very nice selection of surf lures.

·
Registered
341 Posts
There are good bait shops all up and down Jersey If you know more specifically what area I can send you a list. If its surf fishing you're after Island Beach State Park ( $50.00 to get 3 day beach pass, $5.00 walk in) in Seaside Park ,Jersey has Hook & Tackle on route 37 before seaside( 2 miles before look on your right) easy to miss and in Seaside is New Dolphin And Betty& Nicks If your looking for the best selection of equipment and fresh bait, Dolphin and Betty"s will fill the bill. Previous post was right about Betty's, the son has delt with many jerks having striper fever and has lost the customer service touch but thats not new either.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Capt JC thought the 3 day pass went up this year to $100.00 for Island Beach? Still a good buy at $200.00 for the season if you get up there more than 4 times a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts