Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
which site are you using? I just checked a couple sites, and Tues morning looks good (5 mph SW) afternoon bad though (if you consider 9 mph W bad)- Wednesday is light N winds- 5 mph, and Thursday looks like a dream- 2 mph... am I missing something? Im not trying to bust stones here, but if there is another site that I should be checking... I really want to know- I am trying to get out at least once this week, so, Ive been watching NOAA and WeatherUnderground pretty close...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I looked as well and the week seems good

Temps will be lower, but the winds did not look bad...At worst partly cloudy all week...I can deal with 5-10 mph this time of year....Dont know how much longer I will be getting out...

·
Registered
902 Posts
I agree, this afternoon looks about the best for this week.

I have to get some work done today,
but plan to head out of Deale bout 2,3

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was refering to the mid bay area (annapolis). Thursday and Friday do look pretty good.
Tues and wed not so good in the afternoon, 25-30kts gusts.

See you out there,
Taylor

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Taylor- where did you get that info? I cant find a site that is showing 30kt predictions for Tues/Weds afternoon... they are showing light winds only (less than 10). Im always looking to expand my repertoire of wx sites!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Chesapeake Bay From North Beach To Drum Point

Small Craft Advisory in effect from Tuesday morning through wednesday afternoon,

This Afternoon: N winds 10 to 15 KT. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
Tonight: SW winds 5 to 10 KT. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
Tue: W winds 10 to 15 KT. Gusts up to 25 KT in the afternoon. Waves 2 ft.
Tue Night: NW winds 25 to 30 KT. Waves 4 ft.
Wed: NW winds 25 to 30 KT, becoming N 15 to 20 KT in the afternoon. Waves 3 to 4 ft.
Wed Night: NE winds 10 to 15 KT. Waves 2 ft.
Thu: E winds 5 to 10 KT. Waves 1 ft or less.
Fri: E winds 10 to 15 KT. Waves 1 to 2 ft.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mondays report

Glad I made it out today, left sandy point w/ my neighbor at 2:30 trolled south on the eastern shore, 1/4 mile of birds but no action. We couldnt even buy a bite from a blue.
Headed back to the bridge w/ a doz. spot had 3 keepers in less than 10 min. then tried for #4 for a good hour and he was no where to be found. Very strange bite today. I really wanted to pick one up on the troll and I tried all the tricks.
Wind really increased after the sun went down. Gonna be windy tuesday.
Taylor

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have my fingers crossed for Thursday. I get to cash in my birthday present (From May) A Day of Babysitting for a day of fishing. Grandma is watching our little one so mom and dad are going fishing! We'll be out and about by the BB so give us a shout.
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts