Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Lynnhaven at 4:00 heading south east for the break. Ran to our waypoint and kept going hit the break from 54-61 bait, sharks, birds, porpoises so we laid the spread out there no hits so we kept going east to warmer water finally when it jumped up to 66 and fish on the planer. While fighting him we see one air out and crash the bird Green machine combo now two on first fish to the boat and 45" back he goes next one about the same back he goes. Worked out past 500 fathoms and found a pocket of 67.1 up 68 degree water and drilled that area all day steady bites all day the bigger fish came in that area 5th or 6th fish was 49" in the box finally and the last fish of the day was damm close at 46 and some change but back he went. Guys arms were tired so we packed up at 1:45 for a sweet ride back once you got back in the cold water. 78 miles to Cape Henry.
Oh yeah also had a shark swim right up to and under the boat while trolling bumped the boat then hit the port engine outdrive that pissed him off splashed his tail and took off. Black and Silver Porpoises all around the boat all day.
Going to the store now for Sushi rice and more wasabi

Scott:rockon:

9 BFT 43-46.5 "
1 BFT 49"

·
Registered
785 Posts
Many thanks for calling us out to the bite Scott. We were slumming in 250 fathoms surrounded by life but no bites till we closed on Rock ON in 450 fathoms. Also saw several basking sharks and a great white swam through our spread. Had a lot of fun with "Still Thinkin' Bob" fitting right in with our regular crew of Tim, Jack, and Brian. We landed around 10 bluefin of about 20 bites out to the 795 line. All were just short of 47". Dave

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Tks for the report.
Seems that there are a lot of <47" in mass; we just need to find the bigguns.
Catch 'em up.
Evan.

Fishing from the GW330 Express DAWGONIT

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem Dave its nice to call people in to the action and not have to worry about an armada coming at you from the horizon. The first trips of the year are the best. Nice group of boats all working togther.
Julie
I have the pics on my home computer I'll try to post later we are still amatuers at the good picture taking I guess I need another seminar from Larry.:)) I still have the wahoo video somewhere but I think my daughter erased some of it. :confused:

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts