Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am posting a few photos for a friend. He will fill you in on the details. From what I understand all of them were between 500-600lbs. Congrats to the lucky hunters!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Here is the story as forwarded to me by a buddy from work:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wanted to send a few pictures of our black bears that we killed today down in Hyde county. It was an awesome morning with lots of bears and between the 5 people hunting we killed 3 bear that were over 500lbs. I shot one that was 607lbs. Thomas killed one that was 514lbs and Rodney killed one that was 546lbs. With the forest fire pushing them around we thought we might see a couple but never thought that we would end up killing three that are all considered huge trophy bear.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
?

Where is Hyde County.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure how you move one of these animals, getting them in the truck must have been a real task. Hyde Co is in NC.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Those are some really nice BEARS. Yea, Hyde County is in Mid NEern North Carolina. It's the only place I have driven through that on a regular bases you see bear crossing the road. Sometime 2 or 3 a morning. I have seen them just outside Bath out to Swan Quarters to Engelhart and all around Lake Mattamuskeet. It's also the stomping grounds of Mr. Teach's AKA Blackbeard the Pirate. It's the land surrounded by the Pamlico Sound and Albemarle Sound westward Not the Outerbanks of NC. If you want a really nice bear. That's the place on the east coast to get one.

Great job guys. Just hope you didn't take them off the Refuges :nono:. Just pulling your chain. Again great job. But I thought hunting next to a forest fire was against the law. Might want to take that out of your hunt scenario.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
"Again great job. But I thought hunting next to a forest fire was against the law. Might want to take that out of your hunt scenario"

Agreed - Great bears but probably should leave the fire part out of the story.

Edit - I don't know NC regs....

General Hunting Regulations
Settle down fellows, there were no fires near these big boys. Not sure who even came up with that one! I do not even know these lucky hunters. One of my buddies asked me to post it for them to tell about their lucky day (he could not post the pics), but they have not found their way to the post yet. Maybe one of us will get lucky enough to have a chance at a bog boy one day.

·
Registered
856 Posts
It never fails, there were nofires present,these fires took place during the summer and have been out for months.Just trying to share photos from pics sent.AGAIN NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT THESE PICS.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
those are some giant black bears for sure. I've drug a 275 pound beer through the mountains and it took me over 10 hours to move him 4 miles by myself. I wonder how far the drag was for these big boys... Maybe i'm just weak LOL

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I was part of a hunt in South Mills N.C. a few years ago. The editor for American Hunter was the shooter and harvested a 635 lber. We used a long rope with large diameter branches tied every four feet down the rope so that two men could stand side by side in three areas down the rope. Six of us drug the bear out fairly easily with two guys clearing debris from our path on the way. It was actually pretty easy. There has been talk for a while that someone will break the 1000 lb. mark in Northeastern N.C. before to long. There are some true giants there! You guys worried about the refuge bears need to know the population of bears in this area is busting at the seems! The refuge can only handle so much of the population until the big boys chase the smaller males out and they grow up on farms outside of the refuge. This has been happening WAY BEFORE THE SUMMER FIRES!!
GREAT JOB to the hunters. That's a hell of a day!!!!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
It never fails, there were nofires present,these fires took place during the summer and have been out for months.Just trying to share photos from pics sent.AGAIN NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT THESE PICS.
What never fails? I didn't make up the fire stuff nor did I rag on anyone for hunting illegally. I simply suggested that the story not mention "the forest fire pushing them around" that Danimal mentioned as forwarded from his buddy.

Congrats again to whoever got these bears.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I know there are

BIG BEARS in eastern NC and VA but something is UP with this post... No chiming in from the participants, and how the hell did they get those things out of the woods, and how the hell did they get em into the truck? Do they have a fork truck at the deer camp? Or they must have a bobcat or something out there. But something seems a little fishy to me.... But DEFINITELY HOSSES no matter where or how they were harvested...

·
Registered
322 Posts
BIG BEARS in eastern NC and VA but something is UP with this post... No chiming in from the participants, and how the hell did they get those things out of the woods, and how the hell did they get em into the truck? Do they have a fork truck at the deer camp? Or they must have a bobcat or something out there. But something seems a little fishy to me.... But DEFINITELY HOSSES no matter where or how they were harvested...
Dude - relax. this was forwarded to me by a buddy from work but I am not a big computer person and I have never gone through the brain damage of posting a picture. So I forwarded the email then pasted in the description that went with it once it was posted. my only edits were to remove last names from the post since I did not have permission from the original senders to post their personal information. But I figured if they were willing to send the email and pix they wouldn't mind becoming TidalFish celebrities. Don't be a hater.

·
Registered
699 Posts
not being a hater...

just didn't realize there were that many bears of that calibur in that area. My apologies if anyone was offended by my earlier post. Truly magnificent bear!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts