Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big difference from last year, MORE BOATS!!! Real nice show with lot of fishing boats... Looks like some of these dealers are treating it as their Super Bowl Commercial... Crowds are alot better than last year.
There are discount cupons in The Sportsman's Magazine and the participating boat dealers have them too.
Capt. Reese has the Fighting chair challenge in the front lobby area.... Looked like a lot of challenges were settled today.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
They did do a better job this year. Did notice a pretty good jump in prices this year as I was paying close attention last year. Loved the Southports there. That used Buddy Davis they had was awesome. I liked the new Grady White 305 Express but not the price tag. Checked out the huge Grady White 36 Express with triple 250s...what a beautiful pig of a boat. I am partial to the Hydra-Sports 2900VX. :D :D I got to ask the Hydra-Sport rep why they only had my color, predator green, in one year only, 2006, then discontinued it....he said it just didn't sell as well as others so it was simply a business decision....guess it makes our color sort of unique.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Favorite boats

I agree Mike that 34 Buddy Davis was very impressive Im really surprised they don't offer that boat with an inboard, It sure has the room for it...

The Hydrasports were very nice, Bill's had a huge display, I talked with the HS rep. (Mike) too about some of the upcoming changes and boats, hint, they are getting bigger...I too am partial to the Vectors!

I liked what Southport did with the leaning post / tackle station on the 28', it opened up the cockpit area, hope that will be an option on the 26' soon. I also found out they are working on an express model...

The Cape Horn / Carolina Classic area was nice also, Cape Horn has a New Model on the way its 36 feet...

·
Registered
73 Posts
What are the dates of the show?

I am commining down to Va. Beach on Wed. thru Sat. and was wandering how long the show is open and what the hours are?

·
Registered
877 Posts
A gang of us went Sat, was a nice show, wish they had a few more bigger boats, That Buddy Davis was sweet, and the GW ...something that big just doesn't look right with outboards, I talked to several brokers, and have them looking for me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My favorites were the 36' Triton Express (also the wifes favorite) and the 35' (I think) dark blue Fountain. Nice boats on display and the new convention center was sweet. I also liked the fact that I could grab a beer while my wife was able to have a rum and coke :p . Also, went down and checked out OC ramp for a future trip down (from Stafford).:D Thanks to you guys that suggested it to me. I had not been to Va.B. in a long time before Sat., so it was nice to get out of northern Va. for the day. Oh yeah, to give you an idea of how long it has been, I didn't know 44 wasn't 44 or a toll road any more !!!!!!!:eek: :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree - nice show - also thought they had a nice selection of the 'smaller' size boats - and the Pavilion is a first class facility, Va. Beach did a good job.

Now I would like to see a first class 'Sports, Tackle, Equipment, Clothing, etc.' Show that filled up the entire facility.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
We had a great time wandering around and hanging out at the Dare booth. That was one pretty tricked out 2640 they had on the corner display :)

It was kind of funny ... My step-daughter daughter walked around on her own for a while and when she came back, she commented that a lot of people stopped her to ask about her jacket that's embroidered with the boat and a big rockfish. Funny how she said they were mostly "young guys" in their twenties. LOL - she's 16, strawberry blonde and about 5'6" tall. Hmmm, that wouldn't have had anything to do with it would it? ;)

Sherry

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks to everyone that stopped by the Whalens Suzuki booth. I was there Saturday, and had a lot of TF'ers stop by, great to meet you folks.
Gave out all the Power Shads to the first 30 people that came to see us, loads of fun. Dr Julie Ball even stopped by, but hell, I was all out of baits!!! Great to see her and everyone else.

I thought the boats looked great, very clean show! Crowed seemd to be good on Saturday.

Whalens will be there all week, check them out.

I saw the grady, 430,000.

OK, that's nice. LOL

Yall have fun. Anyone going to the miami sow, stop by and say hello. I will be there next Sat.

Tight Lines

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The CEO and I came to the same decision,we need the Grady 36 interior put into the 36 Tiara....and get someone else to pay for it:cool: ....the outboards looked silly on that boat

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Yep, a helluva lot better than last year's show. The Buddy Davis, the Southport, the BIG Edgewater, and Regulators were all SUPER SWEET... being a center console guy and all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I went over tonight. great show. I liked the BLUEWATER boats Randy from Deep Blue had on hand. For the price, I thought it looked like a great deal. Has anyone out there ever checked out the ride? I am impressed by the 24 degree deadrise and the light weight. I had my eye on the 2350 and couldn't seem to get away from it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I think the show is much better and larger than last year's. I was there for several hours both days last weekend in a sponsor's booth, and the crowds were very good. I agree, there are many awesome boats, and good booths this time. I enjoyed meeting and chatting with so many of you. If it blows this weekend, you can find me in the Cape Horn or LBP booth...feel free to stop by and say hello. :D
Julie

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Split Shot-
I was calling it a poor(er) man's Contender. I noticed it is lighter and was wondering what your opinion is on the Bluewater's ride vrs. the mighty Contender. Apples and Oranges? The $ is way less and it is more do-able for me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wish they would carry alot more tackle. Do they ever have just tackle shows? That would be cool..

·
Registered
126 Posts
an all tackle show would be dangerous. i can't justify buying a $80,000-$100,000 (or more) boat, but spending a few hundred dollars in tackle at a booth, times however many booths they have....man thats a one way to trouble. haha.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts