Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hunted this morning and saw 4 deer 3 does and a little buck. then i went this afternoon at 330 and as i was walking back to my stand i jumped 2 does out. the bigger one stopped at 48 yrds and i let er rip. double lung complete pass through. she went 10 yrds. i was suprised that my arrow was a pass through because i shoot the spitfire pro series expandables. they kill really quick with the 1 1/2 inch cut diameter but ralely pass through. skunk is off my new bow[grin][grin][grin][excited]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats some shot!!!I had a a doe at 40yards and passed.I'm not that good...lol.Had a 6 pointer comming in at 25 yards,but the when I stood up my *^&$&###$^ saftey harness hit my treestand"clink" and he was gone.Good shooting!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to all. i give my new bowtech all the credit though not me. that thing is freakin awsome ROD BENDER. the muzzys are probaly the best fixed blades but dont do half the damage as the expandables.. i shot 2 deer so far with them a 9 point last year and a doe this season and my 9 point dropped straight to the groung and my doe didnt go much further than that. they really do some damage.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've dropped a few in there tracks with the MUZZYS> I tried the expandables on year, shot a decent 7 and trailed him for about 1.5 miles. The broadhead never opened so it was like I shot him with a field point. After that I said never again! But congrats on your shot. I love them far shots. I shoot 3d tourneys and the average shot is 35-40. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
As every year the expandable/fixed conversation has started again[smile]

I've shot both and have had no trouble with either. Thunderhead 85 and 100gr and Rocket Aeroheads 100gr. Both have done significant damage, both have cleanly killed animals.

Nice shot!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My three sons an I killed 80-100 deer with expanding heads . We have used about 5 different brands, but mostly Rocket. We have NEVER had any that did not open. If you have to trail a deer a 1.5 mi. you didnt hit it right.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I've been using the 100 gr spitfires for a few years and have no problems when I hit 'em right. A friend of mine uses them well and nothing but pass throughs.

48 yrds? a pass thru at that distance is amazing. Helluva' shot

·
Registered
310 Posts
That's a long one for sure, congrats.

Just trying out today my new heads from slick trick. They shoot a few " off my thunder heads but much closer to my field points so I missed the target once. It went about 1/2" into a concrete wall and bounced out. My insert came out of the arrow but the broadhead looks like it came out of the box other than some slight scratches on the blade + it didn't bend or dull the point @ all. W/ thunderheads I had 2 complete pass throughs on does over the weekend & one hit a tree after and dulled the tip of the thunderhead so the shot today was interesting.

Russ

·
Registered
366 Posts
Have to agree with Wildthing. If you hit the vitals even with an expandable that id not open the deer will not go 1 1/2 miles. I have went to slick tricks this year and so far so good. Shot a nice black bear in Saskatchewan last week with them and the bear only went 30 yards. Arrow hit behind the shoulder came out i10" in front of the off shoulder. If you like fixed blade heads check them out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts