Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zigh and I hit this place in New Castle Va yesterday. Was alot of fun. It was on Craig creek . Peace

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
AWESOME PICS AND BEAUTIFUL FISH!!! I am jealous!!!! I used to fish the creeks where I am from as a child and catch brooks and rainbows all the time....:clap: :clap: :clap: .

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Can you see them before you catch them? Doesnt seem that there would be much room to play them in a water that small.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Paul, is Zigh gettin married or something? He got a hair cut and the beard looks all trimmed up compared to the pics you have posted in the past(never met him in person). If he is warn him not to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you guys got some pullage. martin

·
Registered
457 Posts
I fished alot of creeks in Craig Co. when years ago. I grew up in the area and there are some stocked streams less than 20 min. from Big Pine. Potts Creek, Baurbors Creek, Roaring Run just to name a few. That is a nice looking Golden.

Great job guy's

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wes Doing good. Just being stealth for a while and saving $ for my next ride. It should be a nice one. Gettin ready for our Panic Run!!! MArtin Hope all is well. If you ever need a offshore ho keep me in mind. Zigh has a real job now and a good one at that. Yes sometimes you could see the fish but that creek has alot of white water . The fish were quite fiesty. They would take us down the creek 20-30 yards sometimes. Water was 2-5 feet deep. Tight lines Paul

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Get your 'Trout On'

Hey there gang!! What a great change of pace it was stalking those Trout in that roaring mountain stream... I think we probably worked a mile section w/ lots of pools and some tiny waterfalls... GOOD TIMES!!! We probably caught 20 or so trout from the 7" native Brooks and Rainbow's, up to the 3lbs. Golden, Brown, and Rainbow's... Lost 1 fish that would have gone 4lbs. easy.... They like worms and spinnerbaits;-) Most times the crazy finned beasts would head upstream, then leap and tumble back down in the current... Hard part was finding them and then keeping them sewn onto the hook while you found an eddy or something to land them in....What a rush!!! Anyway, BIG thanks for driving man... I think we should head back there in the fall and stay in one of those cottages.......L00king forward to our upcoming adventure in PANICLAND:cool2: Less than 2 weeks
Martin- Hair was cut off last March for my job on the Smokin' Gun..... AND, I bit the marriage bullet 6 years ago:eek: I appreciate the warning though:thumbup:
Take It Easy

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's a beautiful area up there. My in laws live in New Castle. I have fished Sinking Creek many times and have always wanted to fish Craig Creek. After seeing this report and the pics I will make sure to make time to fish it on my next visit. Thanks for the report.

George

·
Registered
694 Posts
Zigh, I fished with you and Chandler back in January and we caught the hell out of the big rocks. Glad y'all had fun in the mountains!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts