Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my outdoor writer/photographer friends was supposed to come and fish with me for a feature he is writing about sea bass. I suggested that with the weather being marginal that we postpone if his deadline would allow. That was fine and then he asked about rockfish. Yea, we will be going after rockfish so Ken Perrotte drove down from northern Virginia somewhere and we headed out to catch some big fish yesterday. We drifted eels near the Concrete Ships and we caught some big fish. Ken caught his two largest rockfish to date. His biggest was 46 inches long and weighed 41 pounds on the boat scale before he released it. I caught a 44-inch fish which was released. We kept a couple of lesser fish for Ken to take back home with him and while I was photographing Ken and his first-ever citation rockfish, Charles Southall was hooked up to another fish. I kept making him get out of the way during the photos. After Ken released his fish, we started to pay attention to what Charles was doing. What he was doing was fighting a monster rockfish. Charles' fish was 52.5 inches long and weighed in at 57 pounds. It jumps to 1st place in the Bishop Fishing Supply/PSWSFA Rockfish Tournament which runs through the end of the month. It gives the rest of us something to shoot for. Ken Perrotte went home with some fresh rockfish, a lot of photos, and plenty to write about for another of his stories.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Monster fish. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.:eek2::bigfish::thumbup: GIL

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Good job Ken and crew...one of those fish was doubled hooked it wasn't the 57 was it?

I know of a double hooked 50 pounder that did not receive a citation.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice job Ken and crew!! AWESOME FISH GUYS!!!

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
fellas those are some nice fish. WTG

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Big fish

Way to get them big ones Ken, and as usual the pics were GREAT also, such detail on the close up shots. Congrats!:bigfish::rockingreport:

·
Registered
846 Posts
espectacular............ pero fue pescado gracias a que uno de los pescadores tenían ropa camouflage, verdad ????

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice job Ken

Well, it looks like Charles may have to lay out some more money. That thing ways more than his first Striper mount doesn't it. Congrats Charles, Ken, and Ken. Sounds like a great day of eeling....sorry I missed it.

Danny

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, it looks like Charles may have to lay out some more money. That thing ways more than his first Striper mount doesn't it. Congrats Charles, Ken, and Ken. Sounds like a great day of eeling....sorry I missed it.

Danny
That is the 4th fish that Charles has caught about that size. The one he has on the wall was 55 pounds I think.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts