Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rudy and I got a phone call that a friend of our wanted to take his boss out and catch some big fish. We loaded the boat and then the boss man couldnt make it. Oh well we get in the truck and head straight to the ramp just 3 of us. We fish the end of the out going and I picked up a fat fish that ended up going 41#. Fish through the slack and on the incomming we picked up another fish that went 35#. Not too shabby. Just before dark we anchored up and drifted bobbers back and caught 1 more fish that was 27 1/2". We called it a day around 7:30 with 3 fish in the boat. The bite was very sporadic, guess ya just had to find a hungry one.

Fished with Shaun on his Sea Chaser, Ed on the Changes Made, JC on a Regulator, and Lou on the Chumlord.

Rudy holding the 41#

Me and the 35#

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
did 100% better than me, good job.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Great fish. Were you guys using eels?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Great job, Ben and crew!! We couldn't find any hungry rockfish, but did find a few hungry togs that got the hot grease last night...mmm mmmm good!!

Ed

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Damn Ben we were right there were you were at we didn't get a sniff all day. I mean we were close. Oh well Good catch dude!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Caught the fish on eels at various depths, some half way up, some half way down:thumbup:

Had some bites on or near the bottom, not very many, but did catch a fish or two. All fish on eels with circle hooks. With 8-12 oz. of lead.

Standing on my ladder sight casting them 40' down. You ought to know how we do!:yes: Just kiddin about the ladder, ya just gotta get lucky and run over the right hungry fish. Which is hard when there is a million boats on a weekend. BUT, we fish when we can right? Go get em!

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Nice Fish Ben

Welcome back from the Big Island Ben. I got that picture of your 35 pounder on my cell the other day. Thought you were someone else, what with that dark tan and all. I see you are getting better pushing them smaller fish out at arms length for effect. :D Kidding of course. Sure are nice fish. We caught a 45" on Eels a couple weeks ago out there.

Check out my Attitude Outdoors blog, the link is in my signature below. I killed another Brunswick wall hanger. Gonna take it to my taxidermist this weekend. The blog has a few pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts