Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
This strong cold-front and strong north winds should have them chewing on the OI shoals next week. Thats what im counting on[grin] just as long as it lays down enough to get out and soak an eel.

Spenser

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just got back from being done there over the weekend. I was unable to go out of OI due to the fact I was working on my boat. But talking to the commerical guys there is a few off the beach around the Currituck light. Still waiting for the bulk of them to show up around the inlet.
Hopefully I'll have the boat finished by then. Leaving tomorrow to go to Cali to visit the wife's family for turkey day.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Im heading out the door now. Will start fishing Wednesday and hopefully find them. Ill give a report when i get back on Sunday.

Spenser

·
Registered
255 Posts
We have been in Nags Head for 6 days. There have been a few rockfish caught outside of Oregon Inlet. Fished inside inlet for a few days and it has been real slow. Only caught one inside and did not see any others caught. Fished Mann's Harbor Bridge and it also real slow. Wind has been blowing a gale most of the week.
If you can manage your way out Oregon Inlet you might find some. It should turn on in a week or 2 depending on the water temperature. We have next week off as well and most likely will head up to the Bridge Tunnel on Sunday night and hopefully find a more consistent bite.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Went down to fish Mon/Tue before Thanksgiving. The weather just got better all the time. Gale warning, tornado watch, 2/3" rain. On Tuesday the sound was churned up something big with rollers in the sound and a consistent 25-30 knot wind. A few were caught on Monday @ Manns Harbor, but that's about all I heard of while I was there. Hopefully the weather will straighten up for those venturing out the next few days.

RR

·
Registered
633 Posts
Were keeping them all up here in the bay this year. I tired of all those 70 mile boat ride from Rudee. HAHAHAHA Anyway the bay up here is full up and water temps are right in there so if we don't get a sudden cold snapp I think they will be here for a while.

·
Registered
24 Posts
All of them are not in the bay. Landed 73 in the last 2 days between 18lbs and 42lbs within 2 m iles of Oregon Inlet! You might better fuel up!

Devin Cage

1 - 15 of 15 Posts