Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep in mind the bay water temp is still below 50*. Might want to take extra clothing / long johns if in open type boat.

Once away from warm shoreline and out near channel - you'll feel the air temperature drop quickly.

Flip side when you get back to ramp / marina - temp. jumps 20* and you'll shed clothes fast.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Skip, you are right. Most open boats are only a few feet off of the water. You will feel the chill very quickly if not dressed proper.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Don't forget to protect your face. I have only owned CC's, your face takes a beating on a frigid run across the Bay. A cheap scarf, or ski mask, is a waste of time.. Invest in a solid, or neoprene, mask, and glasses or goggles. Oh, and wear a turtle neck, or clothing that fits tightly around your neck, cold air blowing in your clothing, will suck your body heat right out of you. IMHO, rain gear is your best bet, it will keep you dry, keeps the cold air out, and your heat in. Skip is correct, you can strip down, as it warms up.

Joe
"Celtic Charm"

·
Registered
159 Posts
Took a short test run on the river on Monday. Felt the temperature change pretty quickly. Curtains were the best investment I ever made on my CC. They make all the difference when running down the bay this time of year.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As I've told family and friends, its basically like sitting on a big refrigerator in the spring! Dress accordingly! Now is the best time for life jackets....you won't have much time if you go overboard.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Curtains were the best investment I ever made on my CC.
:thumbup: At least a 3/4 enclosure. I keep mine up all year.................

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Exactly the reasons I bought a Walk Around! LOL..15 plus yrs. of Fishing an Open Boat...28 degrees out....Always said I was going to put an Enclosure on,never did...Now I can sit down,Fire up the Heater on those chilly days...:))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts