Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of an arch over my existing soft top. I would like to be able to get my planer lines higher than just using the existing side clets. I would like to add several rod holders to the arch and possibly lights in the future. Here is a pic of what I have and a rough drawing of what I have in mind

the drawing is crued but you get the general idea of what I would need. The arrows are pointing to rod holders and points to attach my planer board lines too.

The only problem that I have is that I currently don't have a trailer to put the boat on. I live off the gunpowder:boat: so that is where the boat stays on a lift. I would like to stay under 2000 dollars if possible.

thanks for the input

Vinny

·
Registered
559 Posts
Give Don Battin of Pipe Dreams Marine a call. He's up in Woodbine, NJ but I'm pretty sure he's traveled as far as Kent Island before. He does superb work and his prices are very reasonable.

Pipe Dreams Marine

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Dont know the cost but a used hardtop?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cough

your right

Its been a little crazy here... but

I am thinking after the holidays we should all meet up.

Good topics,

fishwells, hardtops,

I smell new club!!!!!!!

PM's coming

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
trophys have been getting to gether through the BOC for years fellas. Vinny Atlantic towers should be able to give you what you want and they are usually at the Baltimore boat show in January with decent deals.

Dave

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
579 Posts
Vinny,

I had the same boat a 2001 Trophy 2052. The Atlantic Towers Fishing Arch fit beautiful. Only about 3-4 hours to install.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Vinny,

I had the same boat a 2001 Trophy 2052. The Atlantic Towers Fishing Arch fit beautiful. Only about 3-4 hours to install.
I second the Atlantic Towers "Tower in a Box". Was well under your dollar amount ($1200 delivered) and I was able to install it myself (with a little help) in a few hours. And it looks great!

I've got an '05 2052. If you get this tower and install it yourself, hit my up on a PM. I've got some useful info about bolting this sucker on.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here are a few before and after pics of my trophy...I got the hard top used off of ebay for $375. It was in Ocala, FL, so I had to get ti shipped up. That cost $300, so I had a hard top for $675. I mounted it myself and then took it to Jack at Boat Covers Inc., and he made a custom enclosure for me at aq great price!!!! Here is a link to my original thread HARD TOP INSTALL.

Gus

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the atlantic towers arch

my only question is will it hold my planer board lines expecially with all of that pull of the boards thenselves.

vinny

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Yo Vinny I put a Atlantic Arch on my 22 Grady about 5 years ago and no problems. Ask them to add a few extra holders and get the nav light and spreader lights. I can help you put it on too it was a piece of cake except for the 90 degree drill I didnt have to drill the holes up around the walk area.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I like the atlantic towers arch

my only question is will it hold my planer board lines expecially with all of that pull of the boards thenselves.

vinny
Vinny-

I would think a little 5200 thru bolted with A backer plate would do the trick.

Shawn F

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Vinny-

I would think a little 5200 thru bolted with A backer plate would do the trick.

Shawn F
My arch came with all the backing plates......I used nylon locking nuts and no problems she will hold planners .....only screw up I had was not to add extra wire for future add ons so fishing wire in the tubes was a pain

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Stop by Sand Piper marine in Deale.They have water access and do great work.The # I have is 301 261-9112 Shop is at 5960 Deale Churchton Rd.
They can build you anything you need.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for all of the replys I think I may go with the atlantic towers arch.

I love the idea of putting it on myself and the custom lights, rod holder etc

the price sounds good too.

vinny

1 - 20 of 20 Posts