Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
I remember when CaptSteve showed me the prototype BKD. Back then I considered the BKD to be a welcome low cost alternative to a BA that just happened to stay on the jig head better. That way I didn't get so PO'ed when a petulant striper split the head of my BA or I got bit off by a stinking rotten juvinlie delinquent bluefish. And look at the BKD now.....from low cost alternative to local favorate to coverage in a national sportfising magazine and use by some of the best LTJ guides on the Bay. Not to mention certain of the more infamous TF's who shall go un-named (for now anyway). However I did just learn that none other then the Big Chief (Capt Richie Gaines) now reaches for his BKD's when it's time to get down to business. If it's on the Big Chief's go to list, it's got to be good!!! Now I'm not saying there's no more room in my tackle box for a 7" BA, but; I think it's really really cool that a brother TF'er developed and successfully marketed such a quality fish catcher. So a harty manly man TF style handshake to CaptStave and a lusty tip of the fishing cap (or do-rag in my case) to Sandee with best wishes for their continued success.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Good to hear a board member making good. Can someone post a pic. of a BKD? FYI, for the guys who still use the BA's, I have been using a Strike King twin called a Zulu thats made of the 3X plastic and they are sooo much tougher than the BA's. You can streatch them to 3 times their length and they wont break. Not as many colors as the Ba's though but super tough if you use allot of the 5 inch BA's the Zulu's are well worth a look.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Pretty soon Steve won;t be returning my phone calls. He'll be layed up on some trpical beach with Sandee drinking umbrellas drinks LOL.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good things happen to good people

CAPT Steve and Sandee deserve every bit of what they earn. Two of the most dedicated and down to earth people.

One hell of a productive product.:)

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
CAPT Steve and Sandee deserve every bit of what they earn. Two of the most dedicated and down to earth people.

One hell of a productive product.:)
Ben, I agree with you 100%, also nothing wrong with your LonelyAngler topwater baits.:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I couldn't agree more with L Holmes on the Zulu front. They will last an entire day of hard fishing. They are harder to get on the jig head and sometimes even harder to find in stores but they work.

I still like the BKD's and will also use the BA's because they are worth the trip up to Herb's for the sale. But when they split on the jig head after one fish, I get PO'd.

Cpt Richie is pretty loyal to his tackle suppliers so for him to switch is saying something.

Metz

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
I'm switching if I can get 6" in the Silk Chartruese color, just like Limetruese.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Jesus, Just what Mr Egohead needs. Another ringing endorsement..:D

Without Sandee he ain't sh!t..;)

Maybe he'll quit lurking and chime in...

Come on Steve, the worlds stage is yours. Let hear the acceptance speech..:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
He just called me but I was doing the dishes. He'll prolly give me hell cuz I'm the one who'se who is usually too busy too talk. I'll ask him about the limetruese. Nomraly he'll make whatever you whant as long as you buy 10,000! LOL

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
With out a doubt Steve and Sandee are 2 of the nicest folks you will ever meet. When I went to there house Sandee had breakfasts ready for me and Steve show me a few of he rod wrapping tricks. I can tell ya that I will not be using anything but BKD from here on out.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
147 Posts
Thank You, Thank You........................LOL

Echo.
Your right that's all I needed................right. I can't go fishing because all I'm ever doing is bagging plastics. I'm not a lurker Sandee just won't let me on the pc unless all the plastics are bagged. Then she let's me out of the basement.

Russ D, That was Sandee calling you not me I gave up calling you.

See you all at the Tri-State Show .......................

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Hey it's not my fault you are always too busy bagging BKD's to actually go fishing. People stop ordering BKD's so I can have my fishing buddy back!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Ben, I agree with you 100%, also nothing wrong with your LonelyAngler topwater baits.:)
I have a box full of them too...Now I need to trail Walleye Pete around and learn how to use them. He always seems to get big fish on them, while I always end up with "eating size." :(

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eminent Brothers,
With Tri-State this weekend I need to stock up on 10" BKD's and some 2 ounce jig heads so I can sacrifice they to the rock gods at the CCNPP. If CaptSteve & Sandee aren't as bust as they were in Upper marlboro, maybe there will be some time to BS a little

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. Are the BKD's soft like the BA's? I really do like the way the Zulu's hold up..

·
Registered
172 Posts
I fished the CBBT this year catching lord knows how many big fish from sunup till sundown using only 3 10'' BKD's! Try that with a BA's even using super glue.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. Are the BKD's soft like the BA's? I really do like the way the Zulu's hold up..
In your neck of the woods nothing works like a 10" BKD. Try the purple for low light conditions and the chartrues or alewife whent he suns out. They also sell the best jig head sI've ever tried in lots of good sizes. Try finding a good jighead in 2 oz.s anywhere else with the quality of hook they use.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts