Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A FRIEND JUST BOUGHT A T/C OMEGA, AND IS LOOKING FOR A DECENT SCOPE TO MOUNT ON IT. ANY IDEA? PRICE RANGE UP TO $200.00. THANKS

·
Registered
132 Posts
simmons aetec, or a leoupld vx1. natchez shooters supply has the illuminated reticle aetec for 119 and that is what I have on my muzzleloader. if they are make leoupold,redfield,or burris bases for your gun get them. if not use weaver bases and quik site non see thru bases. the scope could be 1000 dollars but if its on a cheap base and ring combo you dont have much.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'd say it depends alot on the type of hunting you do. Is your friend going to be hunting open fields where he gets shot at standing deer at 100-200 yards?

I've only been hunting for 4 years or so now, and scopes don't work that well for me. I use either open sights - iron or truglo - or red dot scopes that have no magnification. For me, this makes it easy to pick up the deer with my "off" eye and not have to find him in the scope. I've missed here and there like everyone else, but generally, I'm very confident with that setup.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The selection is mind-boggling, but if you are hunting rough, mountainous terrain (as I do), get a scope that won't kill the pocketbook. Those bells and whistles are nice, but if you take a tumble in some rocky terrain, your liable to break something. I have two friends who broke scopes hunting GW Forest...as for me, iron sights are good enough for the terrain.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I had a little more conservative budget, I asked around talked to some folks on the Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn scope (3x9x40mm). I've been pleased. About $100

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS FELLAS

I'LL PASS ON THE INFO. I HAVE A LEUPOLD 3X9 ON MY REMINGTON 700 ML, BUT MY BUDDY DONT SEEM TO LIKE IT. I KNEW YOU GUYS WOULD COME THROUGH WITH SOME IDEAS. THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
339 Posts
[Q]frayedknot originally wrote:
a scope on a black powder gun is like puttin a pair of blue jeans on the statue of liberty? Just use the 270 !

MAKO

[/Q]
Please explain.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I ALSO HAVE THE BUSHNELL.ITS ALL YOU WILL NEED FOR BLACK POWDER,UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND EXTRA $$$ FOR NO REASON!I HAVE A KNIGHT WOLVERINE I HAVE BEEN USING FOR 5 YEARS AND HAVE HAD GREAT EXPERIENCES WITH IT!MOST SHOTS WERE UNDER 100 YARDS BUT TWO OF THE BUCKS I KILLED WERE OUT SIDE OF 150 IN A HUGE BEAN FIELD AND THE SCOPE WAS DEAD ON!!(JUST MY 2 CENTS)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts